The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Yamaha N-12? Questions
Old 30th October 2010
Gear Head

Yamaha N-12? Questions

I've read until page 6 of the "n-12 users" thread and the N-12 looks really nice for a Studio center piece. I'm currently Mixer-less and controller-less but have great monitoring and good front end. It Gets a little boring what all I see in front of me is 76 white keys. I'd like a controller or a hybrid mixer for my centerpiece.
I'm new to both so I don't know what I'd work better with more...help. I'm a sonar user, I need truly professional results.

1. N-12 is a digital mixer. so even If I mixed on this mixer (which has no recall....for ANY parameters, correct?) the summing would still be a digital algorithm? what would be this benefit?

2. Can I use a channel insert to patch in hardware during Mix down? (Daw-mixer-Outboard-mix down) I don't mean a work around, I want to use the insert in real time on tracks sent from my DAW....like iOnyx and R-16)
Glad that I can bypass the preamps, But If I wanted to use my own Cirrus logic converters for recording but still the monitoring capabilities of the N-12,
What would I do? I could use a cable split from my preamps, but is there a more intelligent way of:
running into the insert return from my preamp-have the signal enter the N-12 channel strip-and have the signal come out someplace with out any ADDA happening? maybe you have an Idea for a work around... I'd like to be able to do something like this.

Thanks In advance, Steve
Old 1st November 2010
Gear Head

Anyone? I posted in the Official thread but I guess it's dead.

I really need to know If the channel insert is available to tracks coming over firewire into the channel strip....anyone?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search