The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
You've GOT to be Kidding Me!!!! a PM1000????
Old 14th April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

WOW

This is so lame so what if u worked on a million tours etc etc. You can afford a Neve and the rest of it count your self as being blessed alot of people out there want to do music who most prob can perform on your level but cant find the work as its short or have other stuff going on, lots of people have used the PM based desks and channels for a lot of stuff, so get off your high horse mate I wouldn't loose sleep over you leaving Gearslutz, I would more than likely log in more and smile more when coming on here cause there is no need for crap like this,
Lives for gear

The think y'all are forgetting is these things might be dark and wooly in the world of analog tape, but maybe the character they add in the world of digital is an improvement on SOME sources to SOME people.

That's it. Why fight about it? Some people like 'em.
Gear Addict

About the only thing that matters is if you think it sounds good. Then use it. If its not good you're gonna figure it out sooner or later. If it is good then nothing lost everything gained.

25 years ago I got lectured about some of the crappy old RCA 77Dx's I bought cheap. I also got lectured about that crappy old tube gear I kept buying and restoring. I got lectured about those crappy old solid state Quad Eight modules I bought. "junk! Why would anyone with ears run their signal through this crap?" You can pick any piece of gear and someone else isn't gonna like it. Go with your gut. Others peoples opinions may have some value but they may not be right for your aesthetic.
📝 Reply