The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studiomaster RSD 20 into 8
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear

Studiomaster RSD 20 into 8

Anyone know anything about this board? A friend of mine has one, and is willing to part with it practically for free. If this thing is a piece of crap I don't want to waste my time with it. I can't really find any information about. BTW, RSD is short for Recording Studio Design.

Thanks for your help.
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear
i remember we used to use a studiomaster for live gigs in the 80s. it sounded pretty good. kind of 'british' sounding - trident- ish. did NOT use it to record so i can't remember if it's noisy or not, fexible, etc.

and it may not even have been the studiomaster you're looking at.

if your bud is practically giving it away, i'm sure he'll let you listen to it first.
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear

I found a picture of it online. I know it was made between 1978-81. Obviously, it's designed to be used as a monitor console. Might be cool to use for summing if it sounds decent. Someone had to have used this thing back in the day?
Attached Thumbnails
Studiomaster RSD 20 into 8-20-8.jpg  
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks Raal.
You must've been posting as I was writing my last post. Yeah, he'll let me play with it. I was just hopng to see if it was even worth the time first.
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear
i'd be curious to see what the verdict is 25 years later! i remember it sounded nice for live back then though. we used it around '85 i think, and it was bought new. maybe a later model...
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear

I think I'll just get it from him, play with it, and see what happens. I'll let you know.
Old 10th January 2011
Here for the gear

RSD 20 into 8 Power supply?

Hey, I bought an RSD 20 into 8 studiomaster off ebay for £ 70 about two years ago and have been trying to get an appropriate power supply.

Can you tell me any details of the power supply you have ?
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

It will sound pretty darn good if it works and all the pots and faders are clean I think that's the only real problem with the old studio masters a lot of them had 70db of gain on the pres and sounded great. It's just a bitch getting them to work right after 30 years.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search