The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can anyone describe sound dif between Peluso 2247 and Peluso 2247 LE?
Old 3rd January 2006
Gear Addict

Can anyone describe sound dif between Peluso 2247 and Peluso 2247 LE?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can describe the sound difference between a Peluso 2247 and a Peluso 2247 LE?

Thanks!

Shaun
Old 11th February 2006
Lives for gear

Bump
Old 18th April 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebritymusic
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can describe the sound difference between a Peluso 2247 and a Peluso 2247 LE?

Thanks!

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I've been testing all 3 Peluso mics, the LE, 22-47 and the 22-251.

I had a professional female vocalist in my studio, and the results are:

I have worked with the Neumann U47 at Westlake, but the 47 LE and 251 are great mics. From my results, if you're showcasing a vocal, the 47 LE was excellent. If you're looking to blend the vocal into the mix, the 251 did that quite well.

Both the LE and 251 were used with set-up 1 "Avalon M5 > 1176LN" set-up 2 "UA LA-610", and set-up 3 "Buzz Audio M2.2TX >1176LN". They all had their own characteristics, but they all sounded fantastic.

The 47 LE low frequency is very warm, and the mids are extremely smooth. The high freq has enough air to make it pleasing to the ear. The 251 has less bass, the mids is well balanced, and the high freq has much more bite to it, yet still maintaining the smoothness and air.

These are very well built microphones. I did like the 22-47 short body, but after hearing the LE, the short body presented too much mid for my taste.
Old 17th May 2007
Gear Addict

I don't mean to bump this, but I figure since more have had these mics since last year, some one can tell me.. not to mention most threads are about the LE.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search