The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which Guitar amp cabinet speaker
Old 31st December 2005
Lives for gear
Which Guitar amp cabinet speaker

Hi all,
I'm using a box for a speaker with a mic inside it (for sound control, I know no room sound). Anyways, I'm considering Vox AC30 amp head and need a speaker recomendation. The Celestion Blue looks great, however, my box is only made for a single 12 inch speaker. The Blue Alconin (spelling sorry) only are rated at 15 watts, therefore, will it blow with a 30 watt amp and maybe a power soak? Any other suggestions?
Old 31st December 2005
Lives for gear
Oh,
and if I made a bigger box could I mix it with another speaker that is higher wattage?
Old 31st December 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnow
Hi all,
I'm using a box for a speaker with a mic inside it (for sound control, I know no room sound). Anyways, I'm considering Vox AC30 amp head and need a speaker recomendation. The Celestion Blue looks great, however, my box is only made for a single 12 inch speaker. The Blue Alconin (spelling sorry) only are rated at 15 watts, therefore, will it blow with a 30 watt amp and maybe a power soak? Any other suggestions?
The Webber Blue Dog gets pretty close to the celestion, and they make a 30 watt version, I think.
Old 31st December 2005
Lives for gear
I should mention that I'm looking for a medium to hard rock (not metal) rythem type sound that is not harsh. Not for leads.
Old 31st December 2005
Gear Addict

I think an AC30 would be way too loud for a box like that; plus, no sense having one if you aren't gonna run it through two Celestion Blues wired in series @ 16ohms (IMHO).

Now, an AC15 would give you the same flavor, at much lower volume. Either that or one of the many 18watt Marshall clones that are out there.

Budda twinmaster
65 amps "London"
Heritage amps "Briton II"
etc.
Old 31st December 2005
Lives for gear

If you're looking for something that will give you a vintage bulldog sound, then look to the naylors. Even the new reissue bulldogs don't sound as good. These speakers are AMAZING. As are the amps. The guys are super cool that own this thing....check it out.
http://www.naylorengineering.com/speakers.htm

m

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search