The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Lexicon Model 200 opinions ?
Old 29th December 2005
Gear Head

Lexicon Model 200 opinions ?

Looking for opinions. Is it up there with the 300 for longer, smooth verbs ?
Old 29th December 2005
Lives for gear

The 200 is one of my personal fav Lexis. The plates on it are pretty special to me and I really love the interface. Super easy to dial in.
Old 29th December 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokushoka
The 200 is one of my personal fav Lexis. The plates on it are pretty special to me and I really love the interface. Super easy to dial in.
THX, How are its longer verbs? dense & lush like the 300 ?
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear

I too am interested
My memories of it in big studios 20+ years ago are fading. Any pictures? No trace of this on Lexicon's website, not even in their "Legacy products" section.
Do you guys think the sound of these much older Lexicon reverbs has something with it that makes them desireable the way an old PCM42 delay is, or are they just plain useless today and too noisy?
Thank you
best regards
Massimo
Old 30th December 2005
Gear Addict

Programs 4, and 6 - ooh la la.

absolutely essential for that "tribute to Prince " record you've been thinking of doing.
Old 30th December 2005
Bought one in '84 when they came out. Great then, not so great now. Too little difusion. Run it up to 100% and clap your hands. Hear the flutter? Doesn't work for me anymore.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear

Hey Jim, I need my H3000SE mod'ed. Could you PM me?

The 300 is much smoother in the tail dept. Maybe not as thick but silkier. The 200 is a bit more grainy and lacks a certain density. I like my 224XL TONS though and use that as the thick chamber or intimate room and use the 300 for the tails for all the orchestra stems.

Hope that helps a little.

Michael
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear

I was given a model 200 as payment (along with a TC EQ) for 1 HOUR SESSION!
the (really nice) guy had the stuff sitting in a closet and decided I should have it.

The Lex does a couple of cool things but also has a very strong personality.

I like the nonlinear reflection thing on the last preset. I have never heard a box make something sound quite as haunted as this last sound.

the plates are good. I think they live in slot #2? probably slot 3 though.

I have the second version of the box with a couple of extra reverb types/presets.

Most of 'em had a sticker on the front panel stating what verb is in what slot, but mine never had that info.

can someone post the official order of the verbs (1-room, 2-hall, 3-plate etc.) I have been able to go by ear and figure out what I'm using, but I'd love to know what the real deal is.

The box does sound a bit dated though. some folks might call that vintage.

We also have 1 at the studio I work for across town.
the main engineer there puts a graphic EQ ( I think on the input) to the reverb and "rings it out" like you might on a soundsystem.

He gets a nice sound out of it using this method.
JG
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear
I absolutely love the 200. It has a real great plate sound that I have not found on any of the newer Lex stuff I have used.
Old 31st December 2005
Lives for gear

does the 200 have a noisy fan in it like the 224's

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search