The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
mi interface broke !! which one to replace ?
Old 23rd September 2010
  #1
Gear Nut
 

mi interface broke !! which one to replace ?

hi everybody,
hope to have quick answers cause i'm in a recording now ..
i used to have a M audio fast track ultra 8R and it just broke today !
so i have to replace it , i was thinking about buying the same or upgrading my system, if it worth it ...
i work with :
I mac and pro tools (ok to change from protools ...)
i don't look after preamps cause i got good one (universal audio and 7th circle audio)
adam A7X for monitoring
good mics
studer A 80 (1 inch 8 tracks)
my goal is to record on the studer and then put the 8 tracks in the computer to mix ITB , i'd love to be full analog but i don't have room enough now ... later ...
so do my system diserve a better soundcard or i won't see the difference ?
don't want to spend too much in that but want to be coherent
thanx for your help !!
Old 23rd September 2010
  #2
Gear Nut
 
BasementRecords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoonmat View Post
hi everybody,
hope to have quick answers cause i'm in a recording now ..
i used to have a M audio fast track ultra 8R and it just broke today !
so i have to replace it , i was thinking about buying the same or upgrading my system, if it worth it ...
i work with :
I mac and pro tools (ok to change from protools ...)
i don't look after preamps cause i got good one (universal audio and 7th circle audio)
adam A7X for monitoring
good mics
studer A 80 (1 inch 8 tracks)
my goal is to record on the studer and then put the 8 tracks in the computer to mix ITB , i'd love to be full analog but i don't have room enough now ... later ...
so do my system diserve a better soundcard or i won't see the difference ?
don't want to spend too much in that but want to be coherent
thanx for your help !!

If you were happy with using the fast track go with that. If upgrading is what you would like to do than you would most likely have to spend a little more money. And if your running fast track that most likely means your running Mpowered pro tools.

If I would upgrade I would go with a Pro Fire 2626 Buy M-Audio ProFire 2626 | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend
Old 23rd September 2010
  #3
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementRecords View Post
If you were happy with using the fast track go with that. If upgrading is what you would like to do than you would most likely have to spend a little more money. And if your running fast track that most likely means your running Mpowered pro tools.

If I would upgrade I would go with a Pro Fire 2626 Buy M-Audio ProFire 2626 | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend
thanx !
anybody test the M Audio pro fire 2626
if i want to upgrade, is that better to buy the M audio or the RME fireface 800 ?
Old 23rd September 2010
  #4
Gear Nut
 
BasementRecords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoonmat View Post
thanx !
anybody test the M Audio pro fire 2626
if i want to upgrade, is that better to buy the M audio or the RME fireface 800 ?
Well it gives you more capabilities so if your willing to spend the money than go with that. If not, a much more cheaper and still very decent rout is to go with the 2626, it has almost as many capabilities and is way cheaper.

Let me know what you think.

Chris
Old 23rd September 2010
  #5
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementRecords View Post
Well it gives you more capabilities so if your willing to spend the money than go with that. If not, a much more cheaper and still very decent rout is to go with the 2626, it has almost as many capabilities and is way cheaper.

Let me know what you think.

Chris
well, do you think that the 'difference' of sound worth 600$ ??
i've never been unhappy with my MAudio fast track ultra 8R
other alternative is the fireface UC , which is USB
what do you think is better , USB or FireWire ??
Old 23rd September 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
NF Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoonmat View Post
mi interface broke !! which one to replace ?
Definitely replace the broken one.
Old 23rd September 2010
  #7
Lives for gear
 
thetalkinghead's Avatar
 

save extra money and get an ensemble
Old 24th September 2010
  #8
Gear Nut
 
BasementRecords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoonmat View Post
well, do you think that the 'difference' of sound worth 600$ ??
i've never been unhappy with my MAudio fast track ultra 8R
other alternative is the fireface UC , which is USB
what do you think is better , USB or FireWire ??

Firewire for sure it is faster, transfers data more quickly. But if you would like to save the money than go with 2626 I would be willing to do so myself.

Look into the specs of the fireface UC in comparison to your other decisions and see if they are worth it.

Chris
Old 24th September 2010
  #9
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NF Audio View Post
Definitely replace the broken one.
that's what i want to do, but for which one ?
Old 24th September 2010
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkinghead View Post
save extra money and get an ensemble
hi,
ensemble is the most expensive solution, why should i buy this one ?
Old 24th September 2010
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
Spanzor's Avatar
 

mi interface broke !! which one to replace ?

Used 192's should be flooding the market any day now.
Old 24th September 2010
  #12
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanzor View Post
Used 192's should be flooding the market any day now.
can you tellme more about this interface ?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump