The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
UAD Echoplex Sounds and opinions (with mp3's)
Old 23rd September 2010
Lives for gear

UAD Echoplex Sounds and opinions (with mp3's)

My early opinion of this is it's the most analog sounding delay ITB I've ever heard with a caveat. Echoboy has a echoplex type that gets in the direction and does such a great job for a delay trying to do everything and is still my favorite delay made. If you need an Echoplex sound this will give it to you, the more I play with it the more I understand how some of the sounds were made on famous records in the past and I hear those sounds with this. I'm going to do more comparisons but this is the first. The other cool thing about this is the sounds it makes while moving the time...very cool and old sounding stuff that will fill in the spaces on digital recordings very well.

Telecaster into each delay and then into podfarm on some fender setting. I've included the dry guitar through the amp and then the Echoplex, Echoboy, Space Echo and the Tape Delay in PodFarm. They are all on a 1/4 note delay and I played to a drum loop at 120 so I stayed fairly in time.

Delay Test 1.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Old 23rd September 2010
Lives for gear

Universal Audio really upped the ante on the Massive Passive and they really brought it on this one too. While this may not be the most important effect in the aresenal, and whether you need it or not is up to you, they are getting tape right and closer than I've heard it anywhere else and if they are working on the Studer tape effect...the Echoplex is a great sign of things to come.
cam
Old 23rd September 2010
Great thanks dude! Just what I needed is too spend more money!heh Just bought the helios and trident eqs yesterday with the 20% off sale. Joking around of course, I bet those are super cool.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search