The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Miktek C7 Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd September 2010
Gear addict

Miktek C7

I just ordered one today from audiomidi with a free Reflexion filter (always wanted one, but never wanted to pay much for one).

Still not a lot of writups on this model, much less than the CV4 at least.

Who has one or has tried one?
Old 22nd September 2010
I had one, but ultimately ended up with the CV4...Great mic - great frequency range. A little small on the bottom for my tastes, but it's killer on vocals and especially acoustic instruments...I think the CV4 has the bottom that the C7 is light on and a little richer sounding...
Old 22nd September 2010
Gear addict

Thanks...I've kind of been torn between the two mics...You had the c7 before the cv4? Would you maybe have kept it if you didn't purchase the cv4 too?

I just feel like I may want the other one no matter which one I picked...
Old 24th September 2010
Gear addict

I'll be getting mine today!
Old 7th November 2010
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chout View Post
Thanks...I've kind of been torn between the two mics...You had the c7 before the cv4? Would you maybe have kept it if you didn't purchase the cv4 too?

I just feel like I may want the other one no matter which one I picked...
I just got my C7 in yesterday along with my new Liquid Saffire 56.

After reading what Johnkenn said... I think I'll try doing some demos with the C7 like, smooth jazz, pop/rock, and acoustic guitars. THEN send it back and try out the CV4 and then play the tracks side-by-side in a blind fold test for my wife and a few friends. See which they like the best.

The only real vocal I'll be cutting is my own. All original stuff, but a variety for sure. When I sing jazz, my voice is kinda like Michael Franks and when I sing rock it's kinda like Detroit rock soul (I'm from the Detroit area) kinda like Mitch Ryder like the song "CC Rider" etc.

If I had the money I would probably get both. Just when you are on a budget you want to get what's going to be the best for you at the time.

SEA
Old 7th November 2010
Gear Head

I have the CV4 and it blows away any mic I have ever heard...if I had any complaints i'd say it is just a bit peaky (if thats a word) around 6 k but maybe thats just my ears...!!
Old 7th November 2010
Lives for gear
If you want to try another contender to the C7, same style mic Transformer coupled single pattern fet mic - Check out the Mojave Ma201. Great vocal Mic !

[QUOTE=SEA;5975509]I just got my C7 in yesterday along with my new Liquid Saffire 56.

After reading what Johnkenn said... I think I'll try doing some demos with the C7 like, smooth jazz, pop/rock, and acoustic guitars. THEN send it back and try out the CV4 and then play the tracks side-by-side in a blind fold test for my wife and a few friends. See which they like the best.

The only real vocal I'll be cutting is my own. All original stuff, but a variety for sure. When I sing jazz, my voice is kinda like Michael Franks and when I sing rock it's kinda like Detroit rock soul (I'm from the Detroit area) kinda like Mitch Ryder like the song "CC Rider" etc.

If I had the money I would probably get both. Just when you are on a budget you want to get what's going to be the best for you at the time.
Old 16th November 2010
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn
When I sing jazz, my voice is kinda like Michael Franks
I use a USB microphone, Samson Q1U, for singing jazz, I think it's quite good, but I'm not an expert. Did you ever try it? Could you compare them (Q1U and C7)?
Old 16th November 2010
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarmoni View Post
I use a USB microphone, Samson Q1U, for singing jazz, I think it's quite good, but I'm not an expert. Did you ever try it? Could you compare them (Q1U and C7)?
Never tried the Q1U so I couldn't compare it to the C7.

I'm going to try the C7 then try the CV4 and cut some tracks with each to AB before I decided which one to keep.
Old 16th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chout View Post
I just ordered one today from audiomidi with a free Reflexion filter (always wanted one, but never wanted to pay much for one).

Still not a lot of writups on this model, much less than the CV4 at least.

Who has one or has tried one?
You bought a mic without hearing it? A true GS leap of faith heh
Old 16th November 2010
Lives for gear

I'm sure it will sound great. Don't always need a full bottom end for vocals.
Haven't heard the C7, but it looks like it shares many parts with the CV4, which is a gorgeous sounding mic, best one I have anyway. Don't have a U47 though.
Old 16th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsplitter View Post
I have the CV4 and it blows away any mic I have ever heard...if I had any complaints i'd say it is just a bit peaky (if thats a word) around 6 k but maybe thats just my ears...!!
well, it is a very "airy top" sounding mic, perhaps not a peak, but lots of resolution in the high freqs for sure. The lows as well.I love this mic, wish I had several!
Old 29th November 2010
SEA
Lives for gear

I was going to test out my C7 this past weekend but mine happened to be DOA. I called Sweetwater to make sure it wasn't a pilot problem on my end and it wasn't. The funny thing was out of 200 mics they sold, mine was the first to not work. Probably damaged in shipping.

So I was going to just order the CV4 instead cause I'm currently cutting some of my songs that has that smooth jazz Michael Franks type of vibe. However, I also have songs I'm singing that's more of that Mitch Ryder and the Detroit wheels sound like "CC Rider". I have a variety of styles and sounds.

So with that in mind... what do you slutz think about the CV4 with male rock vs. the C7?

Of course, I could always start with the CV4 and then pick up a C7 in a few months. I also have an old Beyerdynamic TG-X20 mic. It adds some variety. Probably good for a 2nd mic to throw on the acoustic guitar.

SEA
Old 2nd August 2014
Here for the gear
I own both the C7 and CV4 and they both get a lot of use here! I love both but for different reasons and wouldn't give up either. Lead vox is almost always on the CV4(nothing wrong with the C7, but the CV4 adds a little roundness). BGV's are generally on the C7 as BGV's usually don't need the added roundness(I generally double-track each part and EQ out some 350Hz to avoid buildup).
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Maniac

I have the cv4 and loving it!

What you guys think of the c7 as a second vocal mic? Or is the sound the same as the cv4 in lower quality?

I like having a good FET around
Old 3rd October 2016
Here for the gear
go for it ... i buy a second c7 to compare vs my two s cv4 s on drum ... c7 is more high and clear than cv4 ...more bass on cv4 and tube sound ... cheer
Old 4th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Thnx!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search