The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"Eventide Harmonizer" ITB equivalent
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

So, what are some of the quality "modulation" plug-ins, something that would be comparable soundwise with the famous Eventide Harmonizers range (starting with H3000...) or even better, with more options, etc. but with equally or even better quality sound! Price doesn't matter. I am asking for a "modulation" plug-in equivalent to what the new Lexicon is for reverbs ITB...

Is there such a thing ITB? Looking specifically for all sorts of wierd multi-effects - choruses, phasers, flangers, delays, pitch shifters, etc. combined into complex sound design FX... possibly with a single interface - don't tell me - Reaktor or something like that - I am asking for a mixing engineer friendly tool - like HW harmonizers - the "box" with useful presets that you can tweak to your demands and that sounds great...

Sorry if it sounds naive, but I'd like to know...
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Besides the official Eventide plugs (ProTools only) and, partially, Soundtoys Crystallizer, there's nothing available that can reproduce what you're asking for, the Eventide sound.

Soundtoys bundle is great anyway, demo it if u can.
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

How and when do you use crystalizer? I've just never gotten that plug at all... I've never used it and gotten a result I wanted, but I know it's a favorite for many folks.

Do you use it on vocals? If so, how, and to what end?

As for OP... yeah, there absolutely should be something BETTER than eventide, and for LESS money... but I sure haven't found it. Creating your own strip of plugs that do various things in combination seems to be the only answer... like maybe cmx to delay and detune L and R separately, something else for modulation, etc.
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Intelligent devices do a vst of the Mashall Town Time Modulator

The Time Modulator | Intelligent Devices
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks guys, actually both of the options are THE answers...

I didn't need those tools until now, since I was mixing mostly acoustic music, but lately I want to start experimenting more with electronica... thanks and - keep them coming - some more ideas never hurt.

Anyone know some great filters ITB - what could do the "MUTATOR" / Mutronics - Mutator / thing ITB? Maybe this deserves a separate thread.

Anyway - I was unaware of the Soundtoys and their plug-ins seem to be THE thing I am looking for.
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Check out audiodamage plugins, they have all sorts of filters, harmonizers, chorus, flangers,... all very cheap and I think they're really good quality.

Herwig
Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
Check out audiodamage plugins, they have all sorts of filters, harmonizers, chorus, flangers,... all very cheap and I think they're really good quality.
And actually... everyone praises the Phase Mistress Soundtoys plug, but I rarely find anything that it fits with and makes sound good. While everything sounds great running through Audio Damage's Phase Two plug. thumbsup

Old 2nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
And actually... everyone praises the Phase Mistress Soundtoys plug, but I rarely find anything that it fits with and makes sound good. While everything sounds great running through Audio Damage's Phase Two plug. thumbsup

Same here try it on things but never seems to fit
will give phase two a spin
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Maniac

I thought I'd just chime in and ask about the Audio Damage Discord3 plugin.... it seems to provide same functionality of the h910 plus some extra.

Anyone tried it out and compared it to EVENTIDE's h910 ?? On its website, it says - regarding a comparison to the h910 -

'The pitch-shifter consists of three separate algorithms: a "vintage" mode (the original Discord algorithm, modeled on the Eventide H910 and H949)'.

So, has anyone tried it and how does it do when compared to the h910?
I would love to be able to administer multiple delay timings, like is possible on the h910. Too bad it is not vst man...

Does anyone know of another option than listed here already?
REgards
Old 7th March 2011
Lives for gear

Soundtoys pitchblender
Old 7th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Listener View Post
Anyway - I was unaware of the Soundtoys and their plug-ins seem to be THE thing I am looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle muscles View Post
Soundtoys pitchblender
SoundToys PitchBlender & TimeBlender (which has reverse algorithms) were developed by the same guys who developed Eventide H3000/3500, and were designed to be a plugin substitute (not emulation) of the Harmonizer.
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Maniac

I guess you guys mean the Soundtoys Soundblender?

SoundToys - Plug-Ins With Attitude

Ok, so for now, these are the VST sorta-kinda equivalents of the eventide h910 harmonizer to try out, right... add if you know more.

Audio Damage Discord3
Soundtoys Soundblender
Soundtoys Crystallizer
Waves Doubler (2) (mono/stereo)

I'm leaning towards the waves doubler or audio damage one, only thing is they dont have multiple delays like the h910 has... .
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Addict

..a big modulation fan myself. rely on it for my music making

+1 on Audio Damage. Seems to always find a place in the mix for most AudioaDamage's fx. Have the SoundToys native suite as well. Like it very much , however the AudioDamage stuff gets used more.

Stillwell/Schwa also have some nice chorus/phaser plug pedals I like. Especially their chorus stand out.

have fun!
Old 7th March 2011
D K
Lives for gear

Another +1 for AD Discord 3 thumbsup

seems to do a really good job at slight doubling and detuning.. and other weird stuff

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search