The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 My R&B Headz-Tell me what you think? Condenser Microphones
Old 13th July 2003
Lives for gear

Gotcha!!!
What are you mixing down to? How are you going from Pro Tools to CD or MP3?

Thanks,
Digiman
Old 15th July 2003
Lives for gear

The Almight Masterlink. Yes the Masterlink. I need to update my HD inside it though but don't know where I can get that done. Does anybody know?

Thanx
M2E
Old 15th July 2003
Gear Maniac

You know, I should probably make another thread for this, but just out of curiosity...why do you use a Masterlink to mix down? If you have a Pro Tools setup why don't you just send your final stereo mix back into PT? I'm not suggesting its proper, just asking why its not I suppose...
Old 16th July 2003
Lives for gear

Heterodox- I have done so many test with my audio path it's ridiculous. And it seems to me by far the path for me is this-
888 digital out to Apogee PSX-100 24bit digital output to Masterlink.
Bigger and better for me.

Try it.
Hope This Helps

M2E
Old 16th July 2003
Gear Maniac

I'm more questioning the specifics of why. I'm not suggesting a different way, just trying to fully understand THAT way. Alot of people use Masterlink (Jules?)...I just don't get why.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search