The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII and optional LD capsule
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Warren! I actually wanted to thank you for the clip-a-lator in general, it's been very helpful lately! Any chance of an E100s in there?

Best wishes

SD
Old 25th January 2011
Jai guru deva om

Yes, we have more sessions planned and I want the e100s and M179 in there.

War
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

Great, thanks!

If I can't find a used 414B-ULS, the E100S is the top contender for all round LDC duties at the moment.
I've listened to the Chameleon LDC cap, and I like that 414 in the clip-a-lator more on vocals. In fact I like it more than many of the likely vocal mics.
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

So I got a pair of the TS-1 MKII's, along with the AKG CK series adapter to use with my CK1's and the LDC attachment.

I'm really loving the pair, they sound great.

I can cover a lot of areas considering the package comes with two capsules, plus the CK series and the LDC, so I have four capsule options plus pattern selection and heater voltage.

The mic is just great as an SDC with the stock capsule, but I have been loving the sound with the CK1, it's amazing on overheads and acoustic.

I can honestly say that I am very confident in the sounds these mics provide. Great!!!! I have read nothing but great reviews, and now having them personally in my place has proved their worth.

Best bang for the buck SDC, they sound incredible!!!!

ps - the LDC is usable as well!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
So I got a pair of the TS-1 MKII's, I'm really loving the pair, they sound great.........and now having them personally in my place has proved their worth.

!
Congrats on the purchase- I agree that having them personally and using them is a damn sight more useful to ones ears than listening to clips.

I did a session with a Yamaha C3 yesterday with a pianist I previously tracked using LDC's - I had trouble previously - too heavy- mudy- went through various pres to get a more detailed brighter sound-and IMHO ended up failing miserably.

Tracked 2 songs on the C3 with 2 CL Mk11's in omni ensuring phase was right-very impressed with these mikes-so detailed/focused -across the low and mids, and with a non "brittle" high open top.

Could not believe it was the same pianist- it sounded so ..uh...polished and finished- oh no - same painist - there goes the sustain pedal- thump -thump--thump- thump- is this a cost saving exercise- C3 with inbuilt bass and kick to boot.?

I place these as a tube SDC in the same category of useful professional tools as my Beyer M160, and my Pearlman TM1 modded by Ben Sneesby. Fantastic bang for the buck- to my ears at least.

I have not used the LDC yet, only the omni caps (still to use the cardoids, the hypercardoids and the LDC).

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

where can I find to buy one?

discontinued?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search