The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good cheap speaker stands (UK)
Old 14th July 2010
Lives for gear

Good cheap speaker stands (UK)

Hello,

I am in that kinda mood to sort out all the little annoying things about my studio.

I need better speaker stands, I currently have some Apollos on breezeblocks and it's driving me nuts moving them about and soon I will have bigger and better speakers (possibly Focal Solos) and I need to be able to move these around without any worries.

I want some cheap, well made, easy to move speaker stands, 42 inch.

I am in the UK

Will also buy second hand.. so shoot!
Old 14th July 2010
Why do you need to move them around? Can't you find the sweet spot and leave them there?

Or - if you must move the speakers - must you move the stands?

In the interests of audio quality, good stands must have high mass. Concrete is good, or steel filled with sand. Empty steel rings like a bell and sways in the breeze - not good. When your woofers excurse, the equal & opposite reaction is for your speaker box to rock back & forth, which kills low end and generally screws up the sound.

What i'm saying is that cheap, easily movable speaker stands are a recipe for problems. In the interest of removing annoying things, you might want to reconsider.

A bunch of concrete blocks, painted to seal in the cement dust (and to look cool), with some squares of rubber in between will work very well, and are easy to move block by block.
Old 14th September 2010
Lives for gear

Atacama

I bought some Atacama SL300, I know they do bigger sizes. Mine were about £99, ebay.
Old 14th September 2010
Lives for gear

I bought these:

"Ultimate" Ultimate Monitor Stand 45" 114cm Black (Pair Of) at Studiospares

Filled them with sand and put my monitors on mo-padds.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search