The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best mixing headphones!
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
It'll be a Soyuz 023, which plays really nicely with the Launcher. The Launcher adds a bit more character and high end.

The KU5A is an awesome mic. I liked it in that shootout with the MD441. Makes me want to grab the MD441 as my next dynamic mic, although I might grab an EV RE-20 in the meantime.

Nice, and the balance sounds good. I liked the mic you used for your last tune too. Sounded nice on the female vocal. Nice bright pop sound.
Ah yes the 023, lovely mic. I still want to demo the 017 vs my M990 but I get the feeling the supplier is giving me the silent treatment as we clashed horns a few years ago over a refund. Life goes on :¬)

In the last track my vox was the M990, no idea what Ellie used! I had to EQ them to taste :¬)
Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear

I've just tried the AKG K371.

I think right out of the box, this would be the most recommended headphone for monitoring. I tried it with ORATORY1990 eq preset, it can really work without it.

Very affordable too. $149.
Old 6 hours ago
DAH
Lives for gear

The thread has been completely derailed to the "What software EQ + HPs combination work best for you?"
What I would like to see is the HD580/600/650 with the subs on steroids (=linear in this context)
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
That's what I hope it is. An upgrade from my HD 650 / Crave EQ (Oratory curve) / CanOpener setup for mixing, mastering

Also, i'm not sure i could make good mixing decision if it sounds unnatural while listening to reference tracks
The update Steven has brewing right now for the Howie room is absolutely no joke. For some it might end up being up there with Archon's ATC150 as a favorite monitoring choice in VSX.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
The update Steven has brewing right now for the Howie room is absolutely no joke. For some it might end up being up there with Archon's ATC150 as a favorite monitoring choice in VSX.
oooooh :D
Old 4 minutes ago
Lives for gear

My Slate dealer said that I'll be getting mine next week.

I can't wait!
📝 Reply