The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Dream Interpretation Enhancer Plugins
Old 6th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Gear Dream Interpretation

I had a strange dream about gear last night....seriously, now I used to smoke cigarettes, and I quit like 3 years ago, and I used have dreams that I was smoking....love those dreams. So vivid.

I haven't quit buying gear but I have been rearranging the studio a little bit. and a few days ago I went into Dale Pro to look at a digi Icon console. I messed with it for like a half hour and, I was blown away by it, so it's been on my mind.

So the dream was that I bought an ICON console off ebay and put it together myself, I crawled underneath it to hook some stuff up, and I found a cabinet underneath it that was locked, I opened it only to find tons of gear racked up and never used, a WAVES MAXX BASS unit, some distressors, Neve EQ's, it was awesome.....

Pretty geeky dream, but so disappointing to wake up and realize that I don't own any of that ****....not even the Icon console.......anyway....just thought I would share.
Old 6th July 2010
Gear Nut

I used to have dreams like that when I was a kid. I still remember vividly a dream where I had GI Joe with the frogman suit AND the underwater sled thingy (OK, I'm old). It seemed so real and like you said, such a huge disappointment when you wake up and realize it was just a dream.

Just for the record, I checked under my console today to see if there was a trap door! Hey, you never know.
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

I had a recurring dream about a new hit song and I ended up doing a country version of it for some reason. I am not a big country fan and the song is one I created in my dreams to where I didnt like it at first but had to admit it was catchy.

Imagine waking up and barley being able to remember how the song went and not having that dream again.
Old 6th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I had a recurring dream about a new hit song and I ended up doing a country version of it for some reason. I am not a big country fan and the song is one I created in my dreams to where I didnt like it at first but had to admit it was catchy.

Imagine waking up and barley being able to remember how the song went and not having that dream again.
Man...that really sucks.....

you know....even though it's 3 in the afternoon, I still feel like I have all this new gear to go home and play with.....what a vivid dream.

HERB
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hricco View Post
Man...that really sucks.....

you know....even though it's 3 in the afternoon, I still feel like I have all this new gear to go home and play with.....what a vivid dream.

HERB
Hmmm go sign up for one of sweetwaters give aways and play lotto etc
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

Ha I've had those dreams... Used to have micro machine ones, it was like mini GI joes with army tanks and jet planes, awesome. I'd dream I got tons of them.
Then I had dreams that I had a BOX full of new video games.
Then I had dreams where I FINALLY had my akg414, man how long it took me to save up a G and make that dream come true =]
And recently I had a dream about walking down the street and stopping to listen to some guy play guitar. The song was SO catchy, the lyrics were amazing, the melody was perfect, and the rhythm was right there... Woke up realizing OMFG IM WRITING THIS SONG IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW and instantly forgot it
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

Oh, and I quit smoking too and smoke in my dreams and its awesome
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search