The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bummed about Uad-1/ Uad-2 Upgrade
Old 4th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Bummed about Uad-1/ Uad-2 Upgrade

I ordered a Uad-2 from JRR shop on the 23rd, only because of the free Fatso Plug offer on upgrades......Well, they waited 7 days to ship the thing. 7 DAYS!! Now I get the card today, and realize that the promotion ended on the 1st. They also stopped answering emails the day I asked about why the shipment date was so far out. I am hoping that I can get this resolved, but not very optimistic.
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear

I have always found Universal Audio to be very good to deal with. Maybe contact them and explain what happened. Good luck!
Old 4th July 2010
Gear Addict

I'm sure if you can prove you purchased them on the 23rd UA will honor the promotion. If not, I would ruffle some feathers with JRR and get what you are owed.
Old 4th July 2010
That sucks, but I remember I ordered something from JRR a while back and they didn't respond after I ordered. I have had other orders from them that have been trouble-free though.
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsree View Post
I'm sure if you can prove you purchased them on the 23rd UA will honor the promotion. If not, I would ruffle some feathers with JRR and get what you are owed.
Ya, if you paid for it on the 23rd you owned it then. Contact UA see what they say.
Old 4th July 2010
Lives for gear

I wouldn't stress just call UA Tuesday. Their customer service is excellent.
Old 4th July 2010
JRR shop are REALLY nice folks.

I had a similar problem with a UAD promotion for the Helios / Fairchild last month, and JRR came through for me (UA did as well).

Since you purchased on the 23rd, and have proof of purchase, it should be a slam dunk. I'm sure that UAD will honor the promo.

I concur with the others - call Tuesday and you should be fine.

Last edited by baskervils; 4th July 2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: added UA
Old 4th July 2010
Gear Maniac

good to hear that others have had similiar experiences that worked out in the end. I hope mine works out also. Thanks guys
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

it won't be a problem.

i bought a uad-2 from jrr. was worried about the same thing...was absolutely no problem. if you made the purchase before the end of the promotion date....you will be fine.

can't say enough good things about JRR.

btw...did you email JRR with your concern ? i did, and had a return email within a few hours.

good luck...and enjoy !! the fatso and emt 140 plugs are worth the price of admission to the uad world.

cheers,

jchristopherhughes
Old 7th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Well, UA made it good, and I now have the Fatso plugin authorized on my system. Still not a peep from JRR Shop.
Old 7th July 2010
Gear Addict

I've had a similar experience from JRR. Slow as **** shipping and dismal email response.
Old 7th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Same here,

But a few years ago when UA was offering a free 150.00 voucher, I missed the cutoff day by like 3 days due to shipping error on Guitar Centers part, and he support staff at UA totally understood and hooked me up. So not to worry.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search