The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Using VariAudio with a comped vocal
Old 26th June 2010
Lives for gear

Using VariAudio with a comped vocal

Hi all! I just started getting acquainted with VariAudio this week, and wow is it an amazing tool. My problem is this:
I pieced together a vocal using 3 different tracks and there are now 2 or 3 crossfades on the final vox track. If I glue all the events together, the crossfades don't work right. But if I don't glue them together, I can only edit the segment that I double clicked on.
I can't find anything in the manual about getting all the segments in a track to be pasted together without affecting the crossfades. What am I not doing right here?
Old 26th June 2010
Lives for gear

Well, I found something that works for now. I exported the track as a 24 bit mono audio file and then imported it back into Cubase. But if anyone else has another solution, I would live to hear it!
Old 26th June 2010
Lives for gear

Consolidation.
Old 27th June 2010
DNR
Gear Nut

here is what I do:

make sure all edits are correct

disable all plugins and duplicate the track

disable duplicated track (i keep it around as a quick reference to source material until I'm sure the lead comp is a keeper)

select all the comped vocal track and bounce selection

the vocal track becomes one file. Keep in mind though that any cuts you make to that file for some reason splits how variaudio sees the material. If you cut the file in half and tune the whole thing based on clicking the first half, the second remains untuned. Kind of weird.
Old 4th August 2011
Gear Addict

Is there nog easier way to crossfade all cut pieces?
Regardless the state of the to crossfaded piece?
Have some very likewise problems aswell.

Somethimes I can crossfade & somethimes I can't; why is that (in case I can't the tool itselfs appierce in screen; with only a 'cancel' option and no 'procesed option' or so.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search