The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Forum for presenting new songs? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th May 2010
Gear Addict

Forum for presenting new songs?

Think I have made a good c&w / roots song for US market.
Any idea where I could present / send my song? Or maybe impossible to get through to the right people.....
Old 5th May 2010
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but having sent out hundreds of demos, I can tell you that without a pitch man from a well established publisher who does business with major labels on a regular basis, you're going to have a tough time getting anyone to listen. Demos have a bad habit of coming back to you, looking as if a child has drawn all over them with stickers stating," We Do Not Accept Unsolicited Material". Or not coming back at all.

If (big if) you can somehow or the other get the name of someone in A&R at a major or independent label and address it to them specifically, it may get listened to for the first twelve seconds. The intro must be extremely kick-ass, no longer than four bars and the production must be spotless in order to get beyond this point.

It probably sounds as if I'm trying to disuade you from even attempting to get your song heard, I'm painting such a bleak picture. Nothing could be further from the truth. Songwriting is a long, hard road. Be ready to go the farthest route. Believe in what you are doing, do the best that you can possibly do and be prepared for the chance that may very well be your only chance to shine. Work hard and be ready, no regrets.

Last edited by johnny nowhere; 5th May 2010 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: dangling participle.
Old 8th May 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks. I had a feeling that this is not so easy. Are you still trying?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search