The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nashville Floods - how can we help? Nashville Flood
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Nashville Floods - how can we help? Nashville Flood

What's up with the flood in Nashville? Are studios affected? Please chime in... I am pulling for you guys.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Head

wow i didnt hear about it yet. hope everyones ok
Old 3rd May 2010
Here for the gear

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the flood.

Will
Old 3rd May 2010
Here for the gear

yeah it's bad

Michael Wagener just built his studio only a year ago I sure hope it is ok. I got a little in my studio but was able to wetvac it out before it got too bad
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Nut

I heard that Yes Masters got hit pretty hard. Other than that, I have not heard of any major damage to other studios. A lot of homes were damaged or destroyed and downtown is still flooded.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

prayers for all affected
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Yeah...I had about 2 inches of standing water in my mix room. Its a mess!
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Greedy View Post
prayers for all affected
ditto... just had friends in from Nashville this past weekend for Jazz Fest... heard the news Sunday morning.

They heard from neighbors that some water had gotten into their basement, but the house sitter was on top of it and managed to secure gear / instruments from being damaged.

Nothing but heart felt understanding, prayers and best wishes to Nashville from New Orleans.
Old 3rd May 2010
Motown legend

I'm OK here but homes and freeways are under water ten blocks away in all directions.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

I hope everybody is okay. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and remember it's only stuff in the end.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodium glow View Post
Yeah...I had about 2 inches of standing water in my mix room. Its a mess!
It is on 16th Ave. South by the way...on the row. The main reason it flooded over here is because the storm / sewer drains were so full they were shooting water (and maybe sewage) up like a geyser and it came under the doors etc.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodium glow View Post
It is on 16th Ave. South by the way...on the row. The main reason it flooded over here is because the storm / sewer drains were so full they were shooting water (and maybe sewage) up like a geyser and it came under the doors etc.
Crazy! Are you able to work?
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

I heard that SoundCheck Studios has had significant flooding.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Alvin View Post
Crazy! Are you able to work?

Nope. The flood damage crew is there working and it looks like it will be Friday before I can get back in. I have one project that is supposed to done on Friday and then 2 more mix projects right behind it. BUT my family is safe and there are others that are WAY worse off than I am.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Maniac

I saw a video of some of the flood damage in Franklin, but I don't know how bad it is in Nashville. It all looks pretty bad over there. :(
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Anybody need advice on dealing with FEMA Etc PM me !
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm having flashbacks.

Soundcheck Nashville
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Nut

I was in Franklin last week during the flooding, it was absolutely unreal. The studio I was at wasn't effected fortunately, but as we were driving around the east side of town it was astoundin to see the damage. This was only shortly after the flooding actually started, I can't even imagine how bad it is now... Prayers go out to everyone down there
Old 4th May 2010
High End Moderator

Yep, got flooded 3 times. Luckily none of the gear was damaged, but I will have to replace the whole wood floor (control room and tracking room) and that means everything has to be moved out, pain in the ass and quite costly. I had a mix starting on May first and the guys are here from Australia, so no way of moving the session. Won't be able to get to anything until June. Sucks. But other people are way worse off, so I don't want to complain. Downtown looks really bad.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

I live in South Nashville and my wife and I worked our butts of for a day and a half removing water from the lower level of our home. My studio is also housed down there. We had 3 wet vacs going constantly and were able to keep the water down to 2-3 inches at it's highest. If we were out of town, or I was on the road like usual we would have had 3-4 feet of water EASILY and everything would have been a total loss. The damage was mostly to the floors, and no gear was harmed. I feel sooooo lucky to get out of this with only having to replace a few rooms of flooring. So many other people I know here lost their homes, vehicles, etc. It was insane!!!!
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drastic View Post
I live in South Nashville and my wife and I worked our butts of for a day and a half removing water from the lower level of our home. My studio is also housed down there. We had 3 wet vacs going constantly and were able to keep the water down to 2-3 inches at it's highest. If we were out of town, or I was on the road like usual we would have had 3-4 feet of water EASILY and everything would have been a total loss. The damage was mostly to the floors, and no gear was harmed. I feel sooooo lucky to get out of this with only having to replace a few rooms of flooring. So many other people I know here lost their homes, vehicles, etc. It was insane!!!!
Did any of the dry wall even a 1/4 of an inch get wet ? If so you are probaly going to have to cut it out ! Water is not the long term problem mold is ! Home owners insurance will not cover flood or mold !!
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Fortunately the Inglewood SoundBarn is on high ground, and was unaffected. I am wondering how some of the other folks here in East Nashville fared. there are LOTS of studios on this side of town too! Thanks to all for the concern.

Jordan Chassan
Inglewood SoundBarn
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddageek View Post
Did any of the dry wall even a 1/4 of an inch get wet ? If so you are probaly going to have to cut it out ! Water is not the long term problem mold is ! Home owners insurance will not cover flood or mold !!

Luckily when I built it I left a gap between the dry wall and floor. No dry wall in the studio got wet, but there is one wall in the lounge area that has about 1/2" at the bottom that is damp. We are going to cut that out in the next few days.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Wow, I feel bad for you guys. I hope everything works out well with a minimum of damage and inconvenience.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
I'm having flashbacks.

Soundcheck Nashville
Studios aside for a sec this means that ALOT of the pro studio and live players lost some gear.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddageek View Post
I hope everybody is okay. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and remember it's only stuff in the end.

I was not affected personally, but I'm sure those that were will appreciate anything you can give. According to the red cross website:

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation on your mobile phone

That website can be found here:
Middle Tennessee Red Cross Chapters - Press Room - Middle Tennessee Floods
Old 4th May 2010
Sound Check got hit really hard. Our studio is just a couple blocks away, but luckily is on a hill overlooking the river and did not flood.

Battle Tapes, a studio in Inglewood, had about 6 feet of water. They had to move all of the equipment into their kitchen in living. The owners, Jeremy, wife Candice, is undergoing breast cancer treatment (only 26 years old) so that's a lot of stress in that household.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Nut

michael wagener studio got water???

Did the water go all the way out to mt juliet???? dang, thats so sad, he just built it, at least it was just the floor.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Sad to see this happen. SoundCheck was an amazing place last time I visited. Met a lot of amazing people. Only the best wishes for all impacted by the floods at SoundCheck and around Nashville as well.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Head

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys there in Nashville/Franklin area... Can't imagine what you guys are facing right now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search