The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon PCM 60 Operating Voltage switch: help me!
Old 29th April 2010
Here for the gear

Lexicon PCM 60 Operating Voltage switch: help me!

hi there! I'm in Europe, I'd like to buy a PCM 60 from USA, the seller says he does not know if the unit has a switch for 110/220 inside. he is not sure about it (I've no words about that, anyway...)...
the original Lexicon PCM 60 Owner's Manual talks about an internal switch labeled SW 11 on the motherboard (and explains how to use it as well)

my question is: do every unit has got that SW 11 on the motherboard?
...'cause the seller is saying "not sure on that unit"...

can you help me?
thank you so much!
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Addict

if the manual say the switch is there, it's more than likely going to be there. Even if it isn't, you can get a small voltage converter very cheaply on the web, there are many companies that make them.
Old 29th April 2010
Here for the gear

thank you Trippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy View Post
if the manual say the switch is there, it's more than likely going to be there. Even if it isn't, you can get a small voltage converter very cheaply on the web, there are many companies that make them.
you're right.
maybe the PCM 60 production is divided in different versions, or early/old versions... ?
cannot find much more on the web about that, so, maybe not.
but i can see for example some INVERSE ROOM chip upgrade, and some Red ON/OFF switch and some Black...
so, maybe there are different versions, and if so, maybe the unit can have that SW11 switch or not.
??
who knows?
Old 4th October 2012
Lives for gear

PCM60 110/120/230/240V Changeover S11 Switch in PSU Internal

Love these old threads - having just bought a PCM-60 the SW11 Switch that is in the manual, is in ALL PCM 60 UNITS in the PSU Section. It's actually in the chunky power transformer where it's labelled SW10/11 and that is 110/120/230/240 volts 50/60Hz what you do is get a new fuse or (Fuses), 3AG/110v/0.25A/230V down to 240V 3 or 4 x 20mm fuses plus another .45 amp fuse, switch them over, and on a Varic (Google this) slowly turn up the power until you have your new voltage regulated.

Be careful though as the PCM60's are old (Very cool and great sounding) though etc though they have a permanent American IEC cable coming out from the PSU unit I.E there is no 3 prong IEC receptacle! Hope that helps future PCM60 owners change voltage on both sides of the big Pond. The service Manual is also in the Lexicon Service Vault ~
Enjoy your OLD PCM-60!
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear

Lexicon PCM-60/70 Voltage Change Over 110/120/220/240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru Catania View Post
you're right.
maybe the PCM 60 production is divided in different versions, or early/old versions... ?
cannot find much more on the web about that, so, maybe not.
but i can see for example some INVERSE ROOM chip upgrade, and some Red ON/OFF switch and some Black...
so, maybe there are different versions, and if so, maybe the unit can have that SW11 switch or not.
??
who knows?
Correct: Their were 2 versions of PCM-60 Version 1.00 where you changed a fuse in the 120/110 Volt and switch from SW11 to SW10 on the Board. Then a Version 2 00 unit where the actual unit still had a USA Style 110/120 2 prong plug, though internally had a Power supply "Mounted on a Small Bracket" where you access the 120/220/240 volt conversion thru colour coded wiring. If you have Inverse Room as a Hardware Program Unit "Default" by Lexicon (You can actually tell this by the Eproms as they a labelled) then you have a Version 2.00 unit. From 1984 onwards Version 1 & 2 were made until the PCM-70 arrived. The PCM-60 is also the actual last software upgrade of the 224XL so the sounds are 224XL Plate/Room and/or Inverse in a version 2.00 unit. PCM-60's are also physically 90% of a PCM-70 and Parts from the unit including the DAC PCM56J Convertor and IC's Plus Power supply etc are PCM-70/60 swappable interchangeable. So if your Beloved PCM-70 is needing restoration and parts that are unobtanium, then an old and busted up for parts only PCM-60 could be your cannibalised ticket to renewal of your PCM-70.

-TLB-

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search