The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WHY hasn't this been invernted yet?!
Old 11th June 2003
Gear Maniac

WHY hasn't this been invernted yet?!

All I want for xmas is a mobile phone with USB, flash drive and mp3 player. I want it to be able to operate as an external HD when connecting it to a mac or pc WITHOUT the need for drivers, and while it's at it how about the ability to charge through a USB cable? No cradles or any of that crap, but you do get a charger for fast charging, or when a computer is not nearby. Let's make the memorycard/flash drive thingy be anything you want, from 16meg to 2 gig, and have a headphone socket for listening to mp3s wavs, watching video's, whatever. whack in some PDA software too.
We could do a project, then store it on the phone. Listen to it on the way home. while storing notes. Instead of carrying a laptop, pda, phone and ipod you could do the whole lot on your phone. How sensible!
All this technology is here and affordable. Why oh why hasn't anyone glued it all together yet?
I don't get it.
H.
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

Don't forget the digital camera part.
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

Not quite there but getting close : http://www.edgereview.com/ataglance....y=Video&ID=334
Old 11th June 2003
Sony Cleo range will get there first I reckon...

My Handspring Visor Treo is pretty cool... but not there yet..

At present I carry at all times -

Treo - Palm diary / phone / email / web via GPRS
Casio ExSlim digital camera / MP3 player
Soon - Ipod

I would dearly LOVE it if these were all in one device!

By the end of 2004 I reckon!

Old 11th June 2003
Gear Nut

What is needed is an iPhone. Just take an iPod, stick it in a new case with a phone, Bluetooth, USB or FW port, whatever you want really. You could even stick in a camera, and it would still be smaller than a lot of the 'smartphones' out right now (iPaq, Clie, the Palm one) and it would have a 30G HD in it. Hell, put an audio input on it and you could record to it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search