The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
You mostly do live tracking...do you have Reason and do you use it often?
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

You mostly do live tracking...do you have Reason and do you use it often?

I've got an older version 3 promo copy of Reason that I never got around to installing. I'm debating doing the upgrade for $100 and having on the studio for clients to mess around with.

I've heard some things recently done with it that sounded pretty cool and I've also had a client bring in Reason-based files that he wanted blended with his Logic sessions. We ended up having his friend who helped with the original programming bounce the Reason sessions down to Wave files... It just seems like it might be time to take the plunge and just dork around with a little bit.

I guess my question is, is it something you find yourself using it often and integrating it into sessions that are more indie-rock/live tracking oriented?

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

I installed Reason on an HP Mini a couple months ago for a client. It sits on top of an old Roland MIDI controller in the control room with a cheap interface so he can program on phones while I track, edit, and mix. I'm considering installing it on my Pro Tools Mac now so I can Rewire the tracks into the session. I'm primarily a live tracking guy, but I get my share of electronic stuff for vocals and mixing. It's been nice to have it set-up as a quick source for samples and virtual instruments in the control room, should be cool to be able to bring the tracks straight into PT.
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

I use Reason for click tracks mostly.

Occasionally I also use it add a part here or there in clients' hiphop/rnb/electro projects.
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to do it. It just seems like an easy way to link up with some folks who want to up their mixing game by working out of my place. I also kind of think Reason's a good fit for 909-ish beat programming. I just like how visual it seems. For $100, I think it's a good investment.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search