The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Daking new 24 chanel summing console !!
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

Daking new 24 chanel summing console !!

It's now posted on his site. I heard about this console a while ago. It's 24 channel...anyone tried it ??
Old 17th June 2003
Gear Addict

how could it be anything less than stellar, considering the maker! anyone know how much?

ml
Old 18th June 2003
There is only one

is it just me or do those knobs look tighter than a nuns...

i would like a version of this with everything doubled and tripled.

48 channels, 8 aux sends, 24 busses.
Old 18th June 2003
Lives for gear

Well, if you need all that , mind as well buy one of his console !!! but, of course we're talking about 5 x the price...last time i talk to Geoff, he mentioned the 24 channel summing to be in the $ 6500 range and i believe his consoles starts at around $ 35000.
Old 18th June 2003
There is only one

oh really? $6500? thats cheap for this. i thought this was his console... are you sure he wasnt just talking about the 24channel submixer? not the sidecar/console...
Old 18th June 2003
Lives for gear

the $ 6500-7000 is for the 24 input monitor mixer, custom sidecar console are MUCH more expensive.
Old 18th June 2003
There is only one

http://www.daking.com/24monitor.html

this is $6500... that makes more sense. i heard the console is @ $90k
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear
This is their pricelist: I guess they are built on a custom basis.
As far as I know this is the latest, but you should talk to Fletcher.
daniel
16 Sidecar $32,600
24 Sidecar $45,325
32 Sidecar $58,050
Consoles with central facilities:
24 Inputs $68,495
8 row, 384 point patchbay
+ 24 Monitor $78,625
+ 24 meters $82,900
32 Inputs $84,095
10 row, 480 point patchbay
+ 24 Monitor $94,225
+ 32 Meters $99,925
Prices are MSRP , F.O.B. Huntington Beach California.
All sidecar/consoles have illuminated vu meters on output busses.
Extra meters are for line inputs & direct outputs
Patchbays TT (Bantam) are remote with 25’ of cable. All points are
wired to XLR, TRS or DB25 in bundles of 8. Contact factory with your connector and labeling requirements.
Old 22nd June 2003
Here for the gear

has anyone actually worked on one of his consoles? I know his modules are great and all but this smells a little like "vaporware" to me. It has been at least five years since I have been hearing about them and I am yet to speak to someone who has either laid eyes on one that has been "installed" or worked on one. I hope I am being a grumpy not too old man but and would love to know that the consoles really are a reality. speaking of trident related designs is MTA still in business?
-
dave
Old 22nd June 2003
Lives for gear

I know a couple of people who are using a samll console of his...they LOVE it...Billy Ward uses an 8x8 along with his 4 Daking Pre/Eq and Compressors. Billy plays with Joan Osborne, Robbie Robertson, Lenie Stern...just to name a few.
Old 22nd June 2003
Here for the gear

that's cool. I guess I meant the big ones. I don't mean to be a naysayer as I sincerely hope he is able to get these off the ground as I think another quality analog console manufacturer would be a wonderful thing. I just have yet to here of one really existing. Did I mention that I think API make great sounding stuff but are a bullshit organization and I would love to see them have some competion.
oops.
-Dave
Old 22nd June 2003
API are a bullshit corporation????
Old 22nd June 2003
Here for the gear

Perhaps this is for another topic but my experiences with them have been hardly stellar. Consoles arriving miswired and and with items unshipped. Years later a couple grand worth of stuff still . The only explanation. "That was the old company(pre ATi involvement.)" Even though it still paul wolff. How many times have they shifted through new corporate identities? I don't deny that they make great stuff but man I'd like to see Daking succeed as another option would be wonderful.
Old 23rd June 2003
Gear Addict

In his Tape Op interview Geoff Daking mentioned that a couple full console configurations have shipped. Also, it seemed that this is a redesign that is different from the stuff they were kicking around years ago.

It would be nice if Daking can make a go of it, as it would be amazing to have a discrete transformer coupled console available new and with a warranty. Still wouldn't help *me* much, but a guy can dream.

Bear
Old 23rd June 2003
Here for the gear

The Daking stuff sounds good, but I always thought it was WAY overpriced. If they knocked $300 off their compressors, I'd buy a pair. The prices FOURTHTUNZ quoted are just way too expensive in a market where established, sought after consoles go for cheaper used.
Old 24th June 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by Deja V.U.
The Daking stuff sounds good, but I always thought it was WAY overpriced. If they knocked $300 off their compressors, I'd buy a pair. The prices FOURTHTUNZ quoted are just way too expensive in a market where established, sought after consoles go for cheaper used.

I'm not a dealer so I have no idea how much wiggle room there is.
No Matter, I can't afford the neighborhoodgrudge
daniel
Old 24th June 2003
Lives for gear

Give him a call 714-375-9512
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear