The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Egnater Tweaker
Old 13th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Egnater Tweaker

has anyone got to try this amp at all? i heard my buddy playing one the other day, and it didn't sound all that bad.
Old 14th April 2010
Gear Addict

Just had a guy playing one with the matching 1x12 at a show I mixed the other day across the stage from a Morgan DAG. The G12H30 was still pretty ice-picky, but I used a KSM32 and SM57 Combo to smooth some of that out and it sounded great. It sat very well in the mix. I've been thinking of adding one to the studio. Lots of talk about this amp at the gearpage.net forums.
Old 14th April 2010
Gear Addict

I have one. I had it shipped to me in Australia the day they came online in the States.
I'm using it with a Port City os2x12 & AxeFx Ultra.
I'm going to spend the day setting up some sounds so I'll come back to you with more of a review soon.
Rick
Old 18th May 2012
Here for the gear

Tweaker 40-122

I traded in my Blues Jr. for one several weeks ago and have absolutely no regrets. I love it.The amp sounds amazing and I am still exploring tonal possibilities. It has a boutique character to it that my other amps don't and I have played through amps costing 2 or 3 times the purchase price of the Tweaker 40 that sounded no better.

It has taken a while to get used to the single EQ section, however one gets the hang of it. The US,AC, BRIT switch DOES get you something close to a black-face, AC-30 or Marshall. In the US mode with a little 'tweaking' it sounds remarkably similar to my old Blues Jr. with the exception of the lack reverb. Set up clean, the tone is exceptional in either Modern or Vintage mode and it does not take to much of the Pre-EQ gain to get the amp to break up, so you can play your pedals, or the amp, or both!

It plays well with my pedals (well except for a Modified EQ-7, but that's another story) and I can perceive no tone-suckage, and believe me I have listened. The EQ is very responsive to the two (2) Preamp Gain sections, so it took me some fiddling with the Mid-cut and Tight and Bright switches to get the hang of the roll-off of the mids and high end when changing the EQ as these change depending upon how the switches are set. The amp is LOUD, to which my family can attest (the boss makes me keep the channel masters down now that she is hip to what the amp can do)and appears to have a very high build quality.

I'm off to the GC to pick up an OCD to see how it works out. I have a Sparkle Drive and a Keeley moded DS-1 and while these sound great, they have their own uses and I want to see what a good OD pedal will do in the loop.

For the trade, and the money I put down to acquire it it was more than worth it. I would recommend the amp to anyone.

Cheerss

Old 18th May 2012
I think Egnater makes great stuff, versatile too. Jazz to metal baby! The singer in my band had one, but he decided to go with the JC120 for the spanky cleans
Old 18th May 2012
I'm a big Egnater fan, I own a Tourmaster, a Mica Tol and a Randal RM 100. I had a Tweaker 88 here for a weekend, I bought it and brought it back, I don't think it's on the level of Bruce's other designs, it's kind of dark and muddy.
Old 19th May 2012
Gear Maniac

I had spent about a month trying to find a used Mesa TA-15, without success. I had one that I lost in a fire last October that I liked a lot. So I had become really curious about the Tweaker. I decided to buy one at the local GC, and when I went to get it lo and behold they had just gotten in a clean used TA-15. So I bought them both, in the true GS fashion.

Admittedly I was a bit nostalgic for the TA-15, and was happy to have another one, so maybe that clouded my vision some. The Tweaker was pretty nice, especially for the $$$, and if I hadn't have found the Mesa I might have hung onto it. But for me and what I like to hear and feel in an amp it was no contest, so I returned the Tweaker.

Apples to oranges maybe.....
Old 21st May 2012
We have one at the studio and it's on almost everything. That thing paired with a telecaster is unreal.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search