The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
utility preamps
Old 8th June 2003
Gear interested

utility preamps

i need some sort of a preamp "solution" like 8 in a box maybe 1 or 2 rack spaces... i don't know, like maybe the focusrite box or i think presonus has one. just several pre's in a relatively inexpensive box to be used to kind of "fill in the gaps" so to speak since i don't have a money console or enough boutique single chan pres to cover a drum kit. they'd probably be used on everything... guitar vox drums whatever. i just need something that doesn't suck and provides several usable channels of preamplification. thanks for suggestions.
Old 8th June 2003
Lives for gear

CLM Dynamics DB8000S is in a different league to the units you've mentioned. It costs around £1500 in the UK (around $2500) and I know it is available in the States, but I don't know how much for. I think Wiggy has one and might care to comment. You can see it here

http://www.clmdynamics.com/main.htm?178,74
Old 8th June 2003
Gear interested

yeah i guess i forgot to mention a few things... i DO NOT need converters or digital i/o. analog or digital either way i don't care as long as it sounds good, also... price range... let's say... 3-5k. dynamics and/or eq are a definite plus but again, not at all required.
Old 8th June 2003
Lives for gear

I think you can get the DB8000S with or without the digital option. It splits the signal to various outputs, and the on-board limiters are good if you need them. It should be in your price range, and honestly smokes the other units you mentioned.
Old 8th June 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by theunity
i don't care as long as it sounds good, also... price range... let's say... 3-5k. dynamics and/or eq are a definite plus but again, not at all required.
8 Channels well under $5K

1) Millennia HV3D 8 ch
2) True Systems 8
3) 4 x RNP's (2 ch per unit)
4) Anything from Old School Audio

Good luck
Old 8th June 2003
Lives for gear

Our MPS-400 is pretty cool. It's not colored at all, and I think it sound really cool.
Attached Thumbnails
utility preamps-mps-400.jpg  
Old 8th June 2003
Lives for gear

what about the grace? i thought their 8ch racked mic pre was in the price range mentioned.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search