The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mik Tek shootout vs. Mojave Condenser Microphones
Old 21st February 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. View Post
Sounds like a cool show. Both takes are great. I like the CV4 even better.
There is a 'larger than life' quality to that. Almost three dimensional. Nice.
Funny me and my wife both thought the TLM 102 had a little more presence.. perhaps volume levels. But on the VO with that Bass voice the TLM was the winner imo.

Any other 102 vs. CV4 A/B shootouts?

~C
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
Here's a song I just finished...All vocals were done with the C7. So, the chain is the C7-Helios-Digi003. I took out a little 700K and rolled off the sub 60Hz a little.
I'll post some raw tracks with nothing on them in a little while...
Dude love your song. You can sing your **s off. I record R&B but love listening to songs when the singer can actually sing.Hope you release the song.

Big Up
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear
Thanks, man!...I actually released it here:

The John Kennedy Store
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear
Here's the best testimony I can give for any mic:

I've owned it for almost a year now, and that's GOT to be a record heh...(Think I had the Korby Blue for a long while too). I've really narrowed down a chain I really like too. CV4-->Helios Type 69-->Inward Connections Brute. The Brute is KILLER and really adds some velvet to the equation...My mic GAS is kinda quelled - I'd love to have a 251V AC, but I don't see that in my future anytime soon.
Old 1st February 2012
Gear Maniac

Update:

I've owned the CV4 for about a year as well and could not be more pleased. Everything I throw at it turns to butter.

Thanks edva and everyone else who helped in the decision, it's been a great addition to my Metric Halo Of course that new apollo from UA looks Saweet!

Here was sort of my "help me I'm lost with mics" thread if anyone else is looking at Miktek, Mojave, or Kiwi mics.

HELP! Blue Kiwi, Mojave, or Miktek?

big~C
Old 18th February 2012
Gear Nut

Has anyone here tried the C7 on electric guitar? Although I'm not in any rush, I'd like to get a good condenser mic for electric guitar. The TLM 102 is a contender, as is the Charter Oak e700 and now the C7. Just curious to get some opinions, if any of you have used them.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Nut

If the cv4 sounds like the cv7 then i5s a sure thing. Had my cv4 for 6 months and it don't just turn stuff to butter it adds garlic or cheese or whatever else is your pleasure.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear
To me, the CV4 is a better version of the C7. Thicker, fuller bottom, rounder top...better for Vox. I wouldn't have any problem using this mic on a major recording.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

Agree with John, CV4 great mic.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Head

Got a pair of the CV4's, been using them more than anything on vox and acoustic for months now, love them. Running mostly through an EL Mike-e or Slate Fox->Dragon, great pairings. Haven't had the chance yet, but looking forward to seeing how they work as overheads.
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Maniac
miktek

can't rate miktek solid state mics, but my cv4 is great. after listening to a lot of tests on sound pure's site, i have to rate it well above mojave, tho i own no mojave. it's smooth, clear, captures everything, sounds fine on all patterns (amazed how i like it on omni with baritone singing; never expected that.) buy the cv4, an easy choice. (and, no, i don't work for them.)
clarifying: sound pure didn't test miktek; i just heard enough m200 to know it didn't compare.
Old 22nd December 2013
MikTek mics are bomb!

I've recorded virtually my entire first album using a MikTek CV4. You can hear my song Lovestuk [Acoustic Version] by clicking this link. Guitars and vocals on this acoustic song (with a little bit of mixing and mastering) were recorded using a MikTek.

Music - Brother Monk

Just click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to listen to the song.
Old 22nd December 2013
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothermonkmedia View Post
I've recorded virtually my entire first album using a MikTek CV4. You can hear my song Lovestuk [Acoustic Version] by clicking this link. Guitars and vocals on this acoustic song (with a little bit of mixing and mastering) were recorded using a MikTek.

Music - Brother Monk

Just click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to listen to the song.
Really great song. Loved it. And the Miktek sounds good too!
Old 24th August 2014
Lives for gear

Just got me a CV4. Any recommendations on preamps to match? Also awesome for vox but any recommendations to record an OM Martin? guitar is boomy. Best results so far at 1 foot at 12 fret, slightly aiming towards nut.

thanks
Old 16th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Right now i have a u87ai.
Im looking for something more warmth. How does the cv4 compare to the u87ai?
Old 17th March 2015
Gear Addict

Absolutely stellar customer support on my used CV4. They really stand behind their microphones.
Old 18th March 2015
Gear Maniac
I own and love the miktek cv-4. after watching several vids recorded with Mojave's. gotta say they're ok but no match for miktek. admittedly, I've never used the Mojave, but when I got my cv-4 I stopped looking for "better' vocal mic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search