The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mid Price Para. EQ?
Old 6th June 2003
Here for the gear

Mid Price Para. EQ?

can anyone recommend a very high quality outboard parametric eq.? I know a lot of the Pro Tools plugins are good, but I need something I can use with my ten fingers, not a mouse. Thanks.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

how much you lookin to spend?
Old 6th June 2003
Here for the gear

under $500. but i'm curious as to what is considered the best also. just in case.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

New maybe a Speck around $500.
Or ebay and see whats there.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

You might find two TC Electronic 1140's or one 2240 in the $500 range used. The older used Orban models should also be within your budget.
Old 8th June 2003
UHHH NO....

The 1140 (and 2240 I guess)) are really awful sounding IMHO. I haven't found any good uses for these. Except sidechain on a compressor....
Old 8th June 2003
Gear Maniac

I have a pair of the Speck ASC's. You can't go wrong with them. They are great sounding and are great for tweaking. Demo one if you can.

jason
Old 15th June 2003
Here for the gear

Thanks guys. This is all really helpful (though I wish a few more would give their humble opinions). It's strange with TC Electronics. Seems like people either love 'em or hate 'em. No in between.
Old 15th June 2003
TC 1140 = complete crap. I have never ever found a good use for one of these except maybe a coaster or portable dinner tray. These things suck. They overload quickly, the EQ is not musical, and it sounds terrible.

My .02

Shawn

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search