The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
You know you're a engineer/muso when... Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

you complain about the lack of Auto-Tune on karaoke nights.
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Told ya!
...and the beating goes on...
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Maniac

When it's 3 a.m. and you're still on Gearslutz crackin' up with laughter, even though you have a session at 8 am, tomorrow, which is Sunday...

What's the difference between God and a guitarist???

God doesn't think he's a guitarist...
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

...when you're sitting on the couch with your wife watching her home remodel/makeover shows and you get sucked in by one that's redoing a recording studio... and you sit and bitch the whole time about how those TV guys are complete morons and don't know a darn thing about gear, studios, recording, or acoustics.... and laugh your keester off when you see the final "soundproofed studio"...

I have to credit my wife for this one....
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by excLOUsiv View Post
When you try really hard to time your strokes to the tempo of the music playing when you are giving your future ex her vitamin D.
am i the only one that saw this?
Old 21st March 2010
How about commenting out loud on movies that are so obviously overdubbed, because the characters are in a vast forest but somehow the voices are coming from a treated vocal booth...
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by eascholz View Post
How about commenting out loud on movies that are so obviously overdubbed, because the characters are in a vast forest but somehow the voices are coming from a treated vocal booth...
Also pointing out in music scenes of movies how "that actor is not really playing that instrument....not even close!"

We're an insufferable bunch
Old 21st March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scud133 View Post
am i the only one that saw this?
Just got it...thanks!
Old 21st March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzrhythm View Post
Also pointing out in music scenes of movies how "that actor is not really playing that instrument....not even close!"

We're an insufferable bunch
though there was a movie i saw (can't remember which ) where the guitar player was playing the instrument backwards (strings/pickups against the gut)

at least they didn't try haha!
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhenge View Post
...when you're sitting on the couch with your wife watching her home remodel/makeover shows and you get sucked in by one that's redoing a recording studio... and you sit and bitch the whole time about how those TV guys are complete morons and don't know a darn thing about gear, studios, recording, or acoustics.... and laugh your keester off when you see the final "soundproofed studio"...

I have to credit my wife for this one....
Dude, i was in this situation LOL heh
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by valthesoundman View Post
When it's 3 a.m. and you're still on Gearslutz crackin' up with laughter, even though you have a session at 8 am, tomorrow, which is Sunday...

I think that's our final answer! I've had this for two days now with this topic.
Just checking gearslutz before sleeping can take hours these days heh
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

When music and songs become a collection of techniques and gear, to be identified and picked apart.
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

When you love to watch old 80's movies when they come on TV just for the Analog Synth riffs and to trip on how un-realistic the over dubs sound!!!!!!!!!
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Maniac

When you haven't been to a gig you're not personally involved with in years
Old 21st March 2010
When some people have such strong S problem you cringe everytime they speak knowing what a nightmare they would be to mix.

Or even worse for me you find yourself analyzing the music for its mix quality and production everywhere you go, and even listening closely to songs "gasp" that you used to hate in your earlier years.
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Nut

You know you're a engineer/muso when...

When you: fantasize about racks in a different way than normal guys.
Old 12th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Ha,

When you're caught staring off into space, and someone asks what you're thinking about:

"I'm wondering what kind of compressor to use on that snare, and what kind of settings would be cool. And if, once i do that, it would sit just below the vocal put still pop."

That just happened to me now...
Old 12th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone View Post
You know you're an engineer when the high pitched whine from the mobile phone charger in the other room stops you from sleeping properly.
Omg lol its so true!
Old 12th April 2010
Lives for gear

Too many audiobooks projects: you find yourself editing the mouth clicks from your wife's speech, and have to ask her to take a drink of water and repeat that last sentence... again.

Lou
Old 12th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhgtr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Favorite
When it drives you mad that your car blinking lights are never in sync with the song playing on the radio

but you get REALLY excited when they do
Absolutely true.

How bout when your roommate has her friend move in and you get kicked out of your room, forced to move into the basement, and youre finally excited to go to bed cuz you now sleep in the same room as all the instruments and recording gear. And on top of that, the extra furniture helps dampen the live room even more.

And yeah the new chick roommate is a cutie, but who cares?
Old 12th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ray View Post
I I also look obsessively through film credits to see who did the sound, and through cd liner notes...
Lol!
I 've always done that.... lp's, cd's, movies.... and i always memorized a good part of that too... hehehe
Old 12th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taturana View Post
Lol!
I 've always done that.... lp's, cd's, movies.... and i always memorized a good part of that too... hehehe
... and today, you curse graphic designers for using such small, unreadble stupid type in blue on black 9 point type. I want to be able to read it - children shold be taight that when they grow up they won't be able to read that.

L
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
... and today, you curse graphic designers for using such small, unreadble stupid type in blue on black 9 point type. I want to be able to read it - children shold be taight that when they grow up they won't be able to read that.

L
i've done that too.... hehe the worst was light blue on silver... on a cd jacket....
Old 18th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbrain View Post
when you hold off buying a car cause you want some gear
and your only piece of furniture is a drum throne..

sleeping on the floor isn't so bad, and I need that distressor...
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

This is more of a DJ thing, but:

Whenever you hear two rhythmic sounds (say, a washing machine and a dripping tap) your heads starts to listen the BPM difference and think how much pitch correction you'd need to be able to mix them.
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
If people saw the Mono Lisa
From the High End section a while ago
Old 19th April 2010
Gear Nut

...Last time you said something was fat, it wasn't a girl's backside...which brings me to my next point, with all this talk and obsessing over a fat sound, you'd think all musicians and engineers were really into fat chicks...which I'm sure there are some, and there's nothing wrong with being a fat chick or liking fat chicks...I don't want to anger any fat chick engineers/musicians and have them hunt me down so they can sit on me to death. Peace and love and all that good ****.
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin James View Post
you complain about the lack of Auto-Tune on karaoke nights.
Or you GO to karaoke nights because it's the only way to hear musique sans-AutoTune heh
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

You know you're an experienced engineer when you get in a strange car, turn on the radio, and immediately sense something's wrong, only to find out some asshole has set the Bass to +7 and the Treble to +10
Old 19th April 2010
Gear Maniac

....when your newly built dream house is basically a residential studio...

...when you walk into a friend's sitting room where is he playing some CD and immediately tell him: "your monitors are wired out of phase, and it makes me feel ill"...

...when you walk into a bar and ask the owner if he/she minds if you tune their sound system because it sounds horrible and,...

...after they have agreed and you are done, they are pleased with the result!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search