The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Good sites for samples......
Old 4th June 2003
Lives for gear

Good sites for samples......

I'm looking for a really good sample of a hammer hitting an anvil, and haven't found "that" perfect sample in my searches thus far. Now normally I'd just walk out to the barn (St. Joe, MO...right) and give it a whack, but I've seemed to have misplaced my sledgehammer. Soooo, any suggestions or links to sites with good samples would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
TommyD
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Head

I used the Sound Dogs site for a couple projects. Pretty good quality. Large selection. It's pretty much the entire Sound Ideas catalog online. I think they have some Hollywood Edge stuff thrown in as well.
Old 4th June 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks, I'll check them out!
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

You might also try:

www.sound-effects-library.com

British company, I think. Huge library - lets you download lo-res clips for free to audition the sounds, then you buy what you want. Database searchable by description. Fees depend on length of sample, but for something short like what you want, probably less than $5 USD.

I used them recently to get some "footsteps on a marble floor". Worked just fine for me.
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

Ditto LittleDog's suggestion. It's great for client situations for billing and what nots.
Old 9th June 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks again! I'll check them out this morning, as I'm still on the prowl for that "perfect" anvil .
TommyD
Old 16th June 2003
good anvil use

best use of an avil in a song. this guy eddie warner is the king of library artists.

http://www.blackwatchstudio.com/eddi...vils_anvil.mp3

word

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear