The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
COMPRESSING SUBMIX's OR BUSSES Consoles
Old 9th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
Using that kind of thinking, the big synthesized sounds of the late 70's and 80's should be back around 2005 - 2010.
Called it back in 93 and nailed it.

LOL. Nicely done.
Old 10th August 2009
Lives for gear

Best thread ever!

Maybe it's because I'm just starting to mix this way (subgroups) and was about to start the same thread, and then this one popped up on page one. Cool.

I started trying submixes because I only have one compressor on the back side of aux's 1 and 2, and wanted to start checking out drum compression on a group buss,(snare, kick, and BASS together) and then send overheads with guitars and maybe vocals, returning the processed/compressed tracks back into 2 open tracks. Pretty cool way to do stuff, and makes me want to get a another compressor for aux's 3 and 4, checking two sets of sub mixes at once.

Don't really have any secrets other than having a lexicon mpx-1 past the compressor before printing the mix, hitting all the group tracks equally, which I can't decide if I like or not yet.

I'm here to learn!

Steely

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search