The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where can I buy a new SSL G384?
Old 3rd June 2003
Gear Nut

Where can I buy a new SSL G384?

I live in the U.S. and am wondering where I can purchase an SSL G384 outboard compressor. I have the impression that I can only get it directly from SSL, but I haven't seen any specific info on their site about purchasing their products. I must admit I haven't thoroughly looked through their whole website. I did, however, email their NY sales department and haven't heard back yet.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,
John
Old 3rd June 2003
Lives for gear

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I may have a used one for sale shortly.. if you're at all interested, send me a private message with your email address and I'll contact you with asking price, etc...

-dave
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Nut

Thanks Dave,

I just tried to email you and your box was full. I appreciate your offer. If I get one, I'll more than likely get a new unit. Still, I'm curious to know the history of your 384 and what you'd want for it. I'll try to send you an email again in a while.

-John
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Maniac

http://www.macmidimusic.com

$3200

hope that helps
Old 4th June 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by out1ear
http://www.macmidimusic.com
Wow! The prices on that site are outrageous. In random sample I checked everything was about 20% more expensive than the local dealers in my area.

Would make me think twice about buying anything from them without looking at a few other options first.
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Maniac

I noticed that too. But I saw that they carried the SSL comp.
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Nut

Thanks Lee,

Interesting. I was wondering if there were any SSL outboard product dealers and now you confirmed that. I wonder how many other dealers there are. No others appeared when I searched briefly online.

Thanks again,
John
Old 4th June 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
Wow! The prices on that site are outrageous. In random sample I checked everything was about 20% more expensive than the local dealers in my area.

Would make me think twice about buying anything from them without looking at a few other options first.
It is a reputable company though and ran by a gentleman with a good rep as a musician. I have bought from them before. I'm a low price person myself. I have yet to buy something from them that costs more than it would somewhere else but if it did then I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a lower price.

Steve, www.mojopie.com
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Where can I buy a new SSL G384?

Quote:
Originally posted by jmusic3
I live in the U.S. and am wondering where I can purchase an SSL G384 outboard compressor. I have the impression that I can only get it directly from SSL, but I haven't seen any specific info on their site about purchasing their products. I must admit I haven't thoroughly looked through their whole website. I did, however, email their NY sales department and haven't heard back yet.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,
John

Try Sam Ash Pro in NYC (not the storefront, the upstairs appointment-only showroom/office)... 212-586-1100, Bill Dexter is the guy to speak to... they have a G384 in their showroom rack, at least the last time I was there they did.
Old 5th June 2003
Gear Nut

Thanks Steve and JP,

I appreciate the info.

-John
Old 5th June 2003
Pro Audio Design also carries them.

The cheapest price is in England.

But going through the conversion rate + custom charges it comes to be about the same.
Old 5th June 2003
Gear Nut

Thanks Thrill,

I have some experience with Pro Audio Design. That's good to know.

-John
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear