The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where can I buy this now-Alesis USB Studio Electronic Drum Kit
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

Where can I buy this now-Alesis USB Studio Electronic Drum Kit

Alesis USB Studio Electronic Drum Kit..............I have read about people using these, so does anyone know where to buy these right now? everywhere I look they are on back order, I just wounder how people are reviewing these if there not out yet! thanks!!!
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

It is suppose to be out this spring for $599. Which is a pretty good deal I think. Those roland kits are in the thousands for a kit this size. Set this up with some steven slate drums and you are good to go
Old 24th February 2010
Gear Addict

There's a reason the Roland kits cost more... caveat emptor.
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

I am hearing good things about these, I have SSD and OWD and DM2 and want to play them with this alesis kit..I would never pay the price of the rolands, I would buy real drums again!..Well people are using these kits so they must have been released...right?

I played a friends old Alesis DM5 kit and although the sounds sucked I was able to do what I wanted to do with the kit itself using plugins..so this new alesis kit should be pretty good!!

No reason for caveat emptor, I have played their close to worst drum kit and It did what I needed so this new one will be just fine!! I would love to have a real neve 1073, but now that I have the GAP I would never spend the money for a neve!! Better? YES..necessary? NO
Old 24th February 2010
Gear Head

I can't wait to pick up a set of these as well.

I have been going back and forth about getting a set of Roland's for a while now, but I couldn't justify the $$ for another little black box with sounds in it...

This changes the whole idea of the electronic drum kit for me...

I do like the upgraded Pro kit with the Surge cymbals.

Anyone have any info to add on the Surge?

Thanks...
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
I can't wait to pick up a set of these as well.

I have been going back and forth about getting a set of Roland's for a while now, but I couldn't justify the $$ for another little black box with sounds in it...

This changes the whole idea of the electronic drum kit for me...

I do like the upgraded Pro kit with the Surge cymbals.

Anyone have any info to add on the Surge?

Thanks...
They are the same as the ones that come with the "usb Studio" just with the gold cymbal,witch out side of LOOKs, I see no difference.. the studio kit still has the "choke" on both cymbals
Old 24th February 2010
Gear Head

Thanks. I had really thought that there was some feature that I was missing in the literature.

I am not one for flash, so the standard kit will be fine.
Old 24th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
Thanks. I had really thought that there was some feature that I was missing in the literature.

I am not one for flash, so the standard kit will be fine.
Yup..me also...I just seen a used set of the usb pro's..now how are there used set's floating around when these haven't been released ? I don't get it...I am also looking at the DM6 kit...cheaper and only a few differences..and you can get them NOW!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search