The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hey! Which Reamping box do you like or suggest???
Old 10th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshaholic View Post
HI all!

I wanted to post an update to my problem with the reamper I bought from John.

I posted this thread about my problem and he had me confused with another person at first. Once we got that part squared away we spoke and went through the problem and he has taken care of everything for me.

I sent him the reamper back and he refunded my money and took great care in resolving my situation. He did test the reamper once he received it and said that it was working just fine.

FWIW I could not find a way to stop the loud buzzing I was getting with his reamper befoee I sent it back. Before I sent back the reamper I bought a radial x-amp and that one was dead silent for some reason and worked perfectly. I kept hot swaping them both out on the signal chain and kept getting noise for the red reamper. There must be a logical explnation for this? Maybe there was somthing that contributed to the noise I could not find?

Anyone?

Alot of people were saying the active radial reamper would in fact make more noise but that was not the case, in fact it was the exact opposite and it was noise and buzz free...

Thanks again John for taking care of the situation and I'm sorry for using colorfull language in my orginal post about the reamper.

G.
My policy has always been to respond immediately to a customer’s question about interfacing the Reamp to their personal set-up. In 1994 the Reamp was used mostly in professional recording studios that were pretty straight forward and very similar. Today with the proliferation of “prosumer” recording equipment that is often operated by someone with little experience the problems of interfacing have grown exponentially.

There are some very simple ways to tell if the Reamp is causing a problem or if it’s the way it’s being used or interfaced. Normally with a phone call or a few email exchanges I can isolate the problem and get the customer rolling. In the 16 years of selling Reamps I have helped dozens of people with hum and buzz issues. 99% of the time it’s an interfacing problem not the Reamp.

Unfortunately in this case, I wasn’t given the opportunely to help the customer and he decided to go it alone. When it was brought to my attention I acted immediately and even offered to refund 100% of his money even though I wasn’t obligated to.

The Reamp was returned to me and I tested it on the bench and into a Marshall amp at high gain - no problems were found. I can’t explain why one reamper worked and one didn’t in this customer’s set-up. The Reamp can’t produce noise by its self, it can only amplify noise that is feed into the input just like any reamping device.

I believe there is more to this story and hope to find out someday what it is.

Last edited by +6/185; 10th March 2010 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 19th August 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstuff View Post
Hi,

I have the Radial Reamp Pro, its passive too, you sure you don´t have a grounding issue? I usually have to lift the ground with the ground switch and when I need to there is no excessive noise but I can say that the peavey 6505 is much noisier than a mesa dual rectifier when reamping, at leaste in my experience. That reamp box you have the is the original and unless you have a faulty one I would have to say ether user error or a grounding issue!

Hotstuff

Ps: I am very happy with my Radial, does exactly as advertized!
I'm interested in getting the Radial ProRMP too. However, my ProFire 2626 doesn't have XLR outs, only TRS. Is that gonna be a problem??

Edit:
What I'd like to know is, can I fix a cable from TRS to XLR and use that one (if so, how do I connect?) Or is that a stupid idea to begin with. Sorry, pretty much a total noob at this....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search