The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland SVC-350 the same sound as VP-330?
Old 19th February 2010
Gear Head

Roland SVC-350 the same sound as VP-330?

hey,

I have done a lot of research and cant find any comparisons of these two units. I am looking to create a similar vocoder tone to 'Oh Superman' and 'Mr. Blue Sky' but only have access to the svc350.

Are the internal components the same on these two units? or should I try to find a vp330?

any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

dave
Old 8th September 2012
Gear Nut
Re: Roland SVC-350 the same sound as VP-330?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyj View Post
hey,

I have done a lot of research and cant find any comparisons of these two units. I am looking to create a similar vocoder tone to 'Oh Superman' and 'Mr. Blue Sky' but only have access to the svc350.

Are the internal components the same on these two units? or should I try to find a vp330?

any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

dave
Close, but not exact as the VP-330 has 10-bands/channels and the SVC-350 has 11. Anyway yes, "Oh, Superman" was done on the Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus Mk1. If you want to make your SVC-350 sound like a VP-330 there are two things you can do...

1. Use the Roland RS-202 or 505. (I have no idea how much either cost nowadays).

2. I forgot, sorry...but it's a lot cheaper than 1. Hopefully someone here will know what 2 is...hopefully (I hope).

Anyway "Mr. Blue Sky" was recorded using the EMS Vocoder 2000 Mk1, jtlyk.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search