The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fader replacement for Yamaha PM2000 ?
Old 19th February 2010
Here for the gear

Fader replacement for Yamaha PM2000 ?

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to change the faders in my PM2000, but I really don't know what to choose as a replacement.
ALPS or P&G would be, I guess, the two companies to go, but which model?

All I know about the Yamaha PM2000's faders is
Fader type carbon 10K 120mm Yamaha part number is HQ220010

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Old 19th February 2010
member no 666

Been there, done that. If you change the faders you're also going to have to do the metal work to change the steel that supports the fader packs.

While the PM-2K faders don't feel as good as a set of P&G's they work fine and that is all that is important. If you need to clean them for smoother travel open them up and clean them.

If you do clean them I would recommend Q-Tips and distilled water as the cleaning solution [with a bit of elbow grease] and avoid any kind of oil or lubricant on the slide rails that will hold dust and other airborne pollutants that will restrict the free travel of the fader.

Best of luck with it.

Peace.
Old 19th February 2010
Here for the gear

Thanks!

But there's a lot of theorys about cleaning...

Someone else recommended that I use IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) to clean the carbon PCB and the metal shaft on wich the fader slides, after that apply some Caig Faderlube on the carbon track and fader skate, and finally some Caig Fadergrease on the metal shaft...

Somebody else told me to use Caig Deoxit D5 on all parts in small quantities...

What do you think?

Thanks!
Old 26th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
Been there, done that. If you change the faders you're also going to have to do the metal work to change the steel that supports the fader packs.

While the PM-2K faders don't feel as good as a set of P&G's they work fine and that is all that is important. If you need to clean them for smoother travel open them up and clean them.

If you do clean them I would recommend Q-Tips and distilled water as the cleaning solution [with a bit of elbow grease] and avoid any kind of oil or lubricant on the slide rails that will hold dust and other airborne pollutants that will restrict the free travel of the fader.

Best of luck with it.

Peace.
Hey fletcher,

Back when you had your pm2000, didn't you have a master fader installed? I picked up a nice pm2000 about a month ago and I'm trying to figure out whether i want to run the matrix to a master or if I want to leave it stock and if i do have the mod done, whether to use a stereo fader or a stereo pot. What did you have done, if anything?

Thanks!
Joe
Old 26th September 2012
Here for the gear

Nevermind, I just saw that you expounded on this topic in another forum. My bad

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search