The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Telefunken Modules
Old 30th May 2003
Gear Nut

Telefunken Modules

I have recently purchased some Telefunken V372 modules and considering getting some more to fill in the rack. I have 2 of the 372's but I haven't hooked them up yet so I have no idea if they are nice enough to justify purchasing more. Anyone have any experience with the 372? Are the 676's a better choice? Besides the increase in gain, is there any difference? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

for real, hook them up. then decide for yo' self.
Old 31st May 2003
Gear Maniac

What are you using them for ??

The V676 is a micpre, the V372 is a multi purpose amplifier, which can be used as a line amp, summing amp, .... but not really as a micpre.
Probably you are talking about the V376, which is the smaller version of the V676.

The ones I compared sounded pretty much the same, but a friend of mine just told me he likes the V376 better than the V676.
Maybe he had a V376 in very nice condition.

Overall they sound very sweet, present with a nice top end - a very underrated micpre.

Let me know if you need schematics for the V67x
Old 31st May 2003
Gear Addict

The v372 can be used as a mic-pre for condensors.
Old 2nd June 2003
Gear Nut

Re: Telefunken Modules

Quote:
Originally posted by drummerman15
I have recently purchased some Telefunken V372 modules and considering getting some more to fill in the rack. I have 2 of the 372's but I haven't hooked them up yet so I have no idea if they are nice enough to justify purchasing more. Anyone have any experience with the 372? Are the 676's a better choice? Besides the increase in gain, is there any difference? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
hi drummerman,

the V676 could be a better choice if you want to preamplify mic signals because they make up to 76dB gain. V276, V376, V476 and V676 are all mic preamps with same purpose but different sounding cause of slightly different design/transfomers and different time they where built.

some people claim the V276 are the softest sounding but the difference is hardly reconized.

the V276 was built by siemens and are the oldest (and the direct solid state follower of the famous V76). the V376 was built from telefunken, V476 from neumann (rarely found) and V676from telefunken.

if you can find a chance compare the tube versions V72, V74 and V76 to the V372. they´re lovely for all signals, especially vocals. but for drums perhaps the solid states will fit better.

usefull link

http://www.purpleaudio.com/resource/TeleVxxx.html

bye
Old 22nd February 2005
Gear Maniac

hi there..

Im new to this forum and i really need your help.
check this out please.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...highlight=372d

thank you very much!
Old 1st November 2010
Here for the gear

I am jumping on this old thread because I have the chance to gett a couble of v372. I want to use them as line amps for for synth, guitar and condenser mics. How is the character of the amplification? Does it stay clean and loud, or does it create artifacts like a tube amp turned up?

THX
Old 1st November 2010
Gear Addict

nope, .. first give them a recap ..V372 are clear and present sounding units, pretty neutral too, typical transistor class A sound, you cant use it as a line amp and mic pre at the same time though, the unit uses what they call zero ohm technology, you determine the input impedance by setting two resistors at the input, that way you can use it as a lineamp, or mic-amp etc etc its got a fixed gain of 34db if i'm not mistaken wich can be controlled and increased by a potmeter , a simple modification, look on www.prodigy-pro.com/forum for more.
but i assume you will make one a mic-amp and others for line purposes, ...you can find more info about them at www.kubarth.com
Old 1st November 2010
Here for the gear

thx for the info.

What would be the go to modules out of the Telefunken/Siemens&Tab series if I want to go for a colouring line amp?
Old 1st November 2010
Gear Addict

to me 276 372 672 etc sound much alike, if you want pleasing colour then i would look into WSW line-amps and mic-amps (also class A) like the UA and AI, the line -amps even have a gain knob doing 34 db with a trim on it, the WSW trafo's sound brilliant, very warm and soft reminds me of some neve stuff
Old 1st November 2010
Here for the gear

thx,

are the wsw's the siemens variant of neumann v72's? can't find much info about them?
Old 1st November 2010
Lives for gear

The V376 was made by TAB even though some of them say Telefunken on the front. The V376 and the V676 and V676a are the same physical size, only the V376fb, with extra circuity to allow both front panel and remote gain control is larger. The tube units, like the V76 and V72, are a lot larger because of the room needed for the tubes AND the fact that tube units each have a built in power supply where as the solid state units do not and just require 24 volts from a common power supply. The X76 units are dedicated mic pres and the X72 units are multi purpose amps that come stock with 34db gain and need to be modified to be used as mic pres. There are various versions of the solid state modules, some are completely discrete and some use op amps and the transformers are different in the various versions. The best ones, and the earliest ones, have SQUARE TRANSFORMERS that have a typed label that says H.H. The less desirable, but still potentially good, ones have round transformers. Siemens made the V272 and the V276 about the same time as TAB made the V376 (no letters after it). The V276 is a great mic pre, but the very best of the line (in my opinion) is the TAB made V376 which is slightly more open on top than the V276. I know they are rare but you should try and find a V376 (no letters after it). Neumann made the V476 which is also very good. I know there are differeinces between the V272, V372 and V672. The later (80's) stuff was made by ANT and some of it is probably very good but I have never used those. I have 8 V376 modules in an original TAB rack and I will use them until I die because I don't think I could ever realistically find anything any better.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear