The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
vintech 473?
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

vintech 473?

June 2003 Mix magazine p. 60 says now shipping.

Four 1073 clones with 70dB gain. Plus impedance switching and 4 DI's. List is $3195, plus $150 power supply.

Tempting, tempting... I was all set to plunk down $1600 for that Chandler Abbey Road dual pre, but now maybe i should rethink...
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

I've been lusting after one of those bad boys myself, but can't find any reports "from the trenches". I e-mailed Vintech and the pre's are the exact same ones as in the X73, just a different e.q. section. I'm about to just say...........gimme heh
TommyD
Old 9th June 2003
Gear Addict

I have the 473 in additon to a number of other pres. It's one of my favorites. It has tremendous imaging and detail. Nothing "sterile" about this pre. I really love it.
It's staying on the keyboards, so I'm ordering another one.
Old 9th June 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks for the input Fross. I've got my eye on this with drums in mind. Atlas Pro Audio (I think) has a demo unit for sale. Might givr them a call to see what their "best price" might be. Thanks again,
TommyD
Old 9th June 2003
Gear Addict

The sound is very open and it has great imaging. It's very musical, quiet and the EQ sounds really good.
It also has bal and unbal outs on each channel.
Makes my life easier when patching ot my out board mixer AND to the DAW converters.
Old 9th June 2003
Gear Maniac

"It's staying on the keyboards"

ok so you are using this to patch in synths? is this correct and does it add that much to it verse your board or going direct to the a/d? cause this would be my main use for this (or else I would not need to so many pres) I am planning on this unit assuming the reviews are good and the pheonix and maybe eventually a vipre
Old 10th June 2003
Gear Addict

I've got the Pheonix DRS-2 also. I love that one too. I think it adds more color though.
With keyboards, you get alot of stereo effects going on. The 473 is "wide" and very "warm". There's a definite difference with the 473. Not as colored, but not boring at all.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear