Gear Head

krk v6 series II vs krk vxt6

hello, i haven't found informations about the two models
Old 10th February 2010
Gear Head

up
Old 10th February 2010
Gear Head

come on, i haven't see a thread in gearslutz comparing these two models... no one has experience with them? no one have owned both?
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Addict

Unfortunately I don't have experience with the V6 II but I am having VXT6 since a week in the studio replacing my old main monitors and the transition has been very smooth. These are great speakers - superb midrange, good bass and non-fatiguing highs. A highly recommend speaker, really!
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Head

great! hey but it's funny, i haven't found 1 thread in the net comparing series II with vxt

incredible
Old 11th February 2010
vxt6 as second pair.

they die somethimes..got mine in for repair 3 times.. the electronics inside are bull****.. somehow the speaker sounds ok. excellent mitrange, hole below 300hz, ok bass.

the highend is harsh as hell.. but.. I mean.. you can work your way trough..

made in china. me do not like.

cheers
G

add info:
they do not repair the speakers.. they change the whole amplifier board/back plane.. matching.. who needs that? :D
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
vxt6 as second pair.

they die somethimes..got mine in for repair 3 times.. the electronics inside are bull****.. somehow the speaker sounds ok. excellent mitrange, hole below 300hz, ok bass.

the highend is harsh as hell.. but.. I mean.. you can work your way trough..

made in china. me do not like.

cheers
G

add info:
they do not repair the speakers.. they change the whole amplifier board/back plane.. matching.. who needs that? :D
excellent midrange, hole below 300? seems not excellent if there is a hole below 300...
Old 11th February 2010
the stuff above is excellent.. then there is this hole at about 800hz.. makes it difficult to adjust vocal level..
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Addict

There's a (pretty) small dip in the 500 Hz region on the VXT6 in my experience (and room). But nothing I'd lose my sleep about. The Bass is really good (much better than on A7s for example) given their size and I don't find the High End overly harsh - more kinda sizzly. But non fatiguing in my experience.
Old 11th February 2010
They have some serious design flaws.. But somehow it works great for guitar/snare stuff.

And the quality of the components is.. Pfff
Old 11th February 2010
Lives for gear

This thread isn't making me want to buy them. I have V4's and hate them. I think I'm gonna buy the HS80's in a couple of weeks.
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Addict

I know both VXT6 and HS80 (I am having a pair of HS50 in the studio too) and would much prefer the VXT6 to the HS80 as a main monitor. The HS80 are good too, but too coloured and have a litte stressful highs I think.
Before I bought the VXT6, I checked The HS80, EX66 (very good at low levels but too piercing when turned up) and Adam A7 at my studio and thought the VXT6 was the best of the lot all in all. I just have them for over a week now, but mixed a song with them and started tracking this week for a band and so far I am really liking them. Don't know about what components they used and honestly I don't care as long as they stay alive and sound as good as they do.
Old 11th February 2010
Well i own them because it worked great on guitars, snares..

I have a pair of barefoots at hand and adam s3as..

I like the vxt6, but really not as mains. And if you buy them without sub (emu sub works great with them if you are on a budget) you are pretty much lost down there..

I had the vxt4,6 and 8 in our lab.. The smaller and the bigger one sound like crap..
Old 11th February 2010
Gear Addict

The old V6 II's are better constructed, more accurate monitors in my opinion. I had the option of buying either, and I chose the V6 II's. You'll find quite often that large studios have a pair of these for seconds.
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Head

other v6 series 2 vs vxt6 opinions?
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Head

i'm interested in monitors with a good representation of mids, hi mids, low mids, so i'm interested also to other suggestions, but firstly i would like to know how vxt6 and v6 series 2 compares

no one use both or had v6 and now have vxt6?

thanks
Old 12th February 2010
old V6 are better..

I would look into other monitors..
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Head

old v6 you mean series II or the one with black woofers?

ok give me some other suggestion about monitors, but consider those things:

1 - midrange - low midrange - hi midrange - very well reproduction in this area, not like genelec or mackie.

2 - front ported bass reflex and cabinet design that designed to be less affected by the room

3 - fast transient response, not like genelec, mackie, dynaudio, more like ns10

ok obviously the price range is around there.
what about the V8 first version? and series II
or E8 first version (if i can find them cheap.......)

now tell me :D
Old 12th February 2010
Expose suck balls. The berillium tweeter does the same bs as with focals. You think you hear cristal clear hiend but in reality its not.,

look for older ADAM S2.5

if you like new, do yourselve a favour and safe money. There is always a compromise with cheap speakers.

Dynaudio BM6 are not slow, but they have a characteristic bump at 120hz and 6khz.

What kind of music and what size is your room?

cheers
G
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
Expose suck balls. The berillium tweeter does the same bs as with focals. You think you hear cristal clear hiend but in reality its not.,

look for older ADAM S2.5

if you like new, do yourselve a favour and safe money. There is always a compromise with cheap speakers.

Dynaudio BM6 are not slow, but they have a characteristic bump at 120hz and 6khz.

What kind of music and what size is your room?

cheers
G
the room is 10.5 x 17 feet height is 9, little less.

i don't like adam tweeter and i don't like dynaudio, they sound unreal to me

genre electronic, acoustic, rock, experimental :P

honestly i like the transient response of krk and also the mids, i use also ns10 and i would like to have a full range speaker with the same transient response of ns and the same way they have to guide you
Old 13th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrough View Post
The old V6 II's are better constructed, more accurate monitors in my opinion. I had the option of buying either, and I chose the V6 II's. You'll find quite often that large studios have a pair of these for seconds.
I also had the V6 II's (yellow cones, charcoal cabinet, to clear any confusion on the plethora of different krk's out there, new and old) and had to sell them last year. As soon as I can, I will be hunting a pair down without hesitation. They were absolutely brilliant, nothing too over-the-top, tight and plenty of low end, incredible mids and very smooth and detailed highs, mixing on them was a joy. I highly recommend them if you can find a pair used.

Old 13th February 2010
Here for the gear

i have recently acquired a pair of V6 mkII and am finding mixing alot easier. great speakers!!
Old 13th February 2010
I have a pair of V6 II I think..

I can look if they are still there..
Old 13th February 2010
Gear Head

some new opinion?
Old 13th February 2010
Lives for gear

I mixed on the V6 IIs for a couple of years and found them quite good. I found the mid-range revealing, and mixes done on them translate well. I'm mostly mixing in Dynaudio BM6As now, which I find to be a different sound. The BM6As and the V6 IIs are actually a good complementary pair for checking mixes. I've got my KRKs posted for sale here in the classifieds, but I'm tempted to keep them. I like the front ported design of the KRKs better than the rear ports on the Dynaudios. The V6 IIs seemed to be a pretty popular studio standard. I don't know anything about the VXT design or how the V6s might compare to them.
Old 31st May 2010
Here for the gear

The KRK V6 series 2 are fine

I've been using my V6 series 2 for years...very revealing and accurate. Not familiar with the new VX6's but I'm satisfied with what I got. I also have the KRK v12s sub to compliment. Having the option of having a kill pedal really helps in comparing my mixes. In addition I use my NS10's for cross reference purposes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search