The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Alan Parsons Art & Science of Sound
Old 9th February 2010
Gear Head

Alan Parsons Art & Science of Sound

Anyone else stoked about the Alan Parsons 'Art & Science of Sound' series he's doing at the minute? I personally cannot wait to see it as an insight into how this legend works, though I am begining to get frustrated at the wait for the 3 DVD set itself. It has been pushed back so many times now and i've had it pre-ordered for ages! Has anyone else pre-ordered it for that matter and what do you think of what you've seen so far and what are you looking forward to seeing?
Old 12th February 2010
Lives for gear

I've also pre-ordered the dvd set but am being patient at the moment...hopefully they have everything recorded and are just editing at this point. Isn't the next installment of downloads supposed to be this week (the week of the 12th)?

I really liked the first installments of videos. I learned a couple pretty damn cool things and they were entertaining at the same time. I also don't know too many people that wouldn't pay $100 to listen to Alan Parsons talk the sh!t for a couple hours. The other cool thing is he's getting the cream of the crop of people to interview which is awesome. I would rather them do it right than be pressed to put it out too quickly IMO.

At the same time though they have to know that the delay is going to piss some people off and they'll be losing money because of it. Hopefully Alan can get off his tour long enough to throw a bunch of time at this at get it progressing a little faster.
cam
Old 12th February 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailedmenonly View Post
Anyone else stoked about the Alan Parsons 'Art & Science of Sound' series he's doing at the minute? I personally cannot wait to see it as an insight into how this legend works, though I am begining to get frustrated at the wait for the 3 DVD set itself. It has been pushed back so many times now and i've had it pre-ordered for ages! Has anyone else pre-ordered it for that matter and what do you think of what you've seen so far and what are you looking forward to seeing?

Totally! This thing looks really informative.There are some downloads and podcasts at:

The Art and Science of Sound Recording |

Old 12th February 2010
Lives for gear
wow looks like he uses nuendo in some of the clips
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Maniac

clips look like it would be fantastic for newbies.

looks like it was really well filmed, solid narration (Billy Bob) and doesn't appear to be too overly serious (i.e., it seems both interesting and informative)

should be a great resource. can't argue with that price either! ($0.99 to stream each section)
Old 22nd February 2010
Gear Nut

I am downloading them from the ASSR site and am loving it. Unless the DVD versions are different I think I'll keep to getting them a few at a time. For those that have Apple TV or something similar this way you can get them now. It would be nice for the extra interviews on the site that you can stream for free to be available for download. Maybe through the podcast?
Old 22nd February 2010
Gear Addict

I don't mean to sound condescending, but can somebody who's purchased the material make some sort of qualitative statement regarding the target market of the DVD's?

Meaning, are these going to benefit people who have worked in professional studios for years, or are they geared more towards people who have no prior knowledge of recording? Somewhere in between? Beginners? Intermediates? Experts?

I'd love to throw down the money for the DVD set and call it a day, but I'd hate to waste a C note on something that wasn't going to constructively add to the skill set I already have. No offense or disrespect to Alan Parsons, of course.
Old 23rd February 2010
Lives for gear

Eye In The Sky was such a classic, a masterpiece. It was really expansive WRT lyrics, melody, harmony and rhythm. Then, it was doubly expansive WRT the art & science of mixing & mastering. I'm very enthused that some of the older artists who put out great stuff during my favorite era (British Rock Subgenres, 1978-1982) are still involved in songcrafting.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search