The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ashlee Simpson dvd.....
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Ashlee Simpson dvd.....

Okay so I went to Walmart to get Ashlee Simpson's new cd "I Am Me", and what do I find ?? Walmart has a special package deal with Ashlee's cd packaged with a 29 minute dvd for the price of a regular cd. So in effect it was a free dvd. It contains live acoustic performances from a show done at a Walmart, AOL concert, an interview, and two of her video's, all done in crystal clear video and sound !! Good Job Ashlee !!!!!!

The cd sounds great too !! The cd also comes with the lyrics printed out and the pages unflods to a nice poster. heh
Old 21st October 2005
Gear Guru

Dude -

There's only one gearslut who gives a flying fluck about Ashlee Simpson.

And it appears that he already knows.
Old 21st October 2005
I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that there's probably not a lot going on in Northeastern Ohio, right? Or is this more of a drug-related issue - now THAT, I could understand

Maybe this is code for some REALLY good stash you just scored, and I just am not "familiar" with your "Ashlee Simpson" lingo/ euphemisms, yet But, whatever it is you're smoking - it must be GOOOOOOOD
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

sounds like VERY dry humor to me
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

I liked it better than cats. I'd see it again and again.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Puberty's a bitch...

Old 21st October 2005
Mindreader

I've heard along the grapevine that it was all CGI and CGV
Old 21st October 2005
urumita

Who's Ashlee Simpson, is she anything like Gwen Stefani?
Old 21st October 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rojo7
Who's Ashlee Simpson, is she anything like Gwen Stefani?
Yep, just like her...oh, except she can't sing, is not as hot, and (as far as I know) doesn't write her own music. Otherwise, they are exactly alike. heh
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Djwane,

I know you have met Ashlee Simpson and everything, so good for you. Let me be the first to say =) I will stop knocking her if you stop refering to her as an "up and coming artist".

Artists create things, and in this case the only persons creating are the hard working producers writing tracks for her. =)

But then again what do i know about talent... I like Sharon Lois and Bram =)

Old 21st October 2005
urumita

We don't see much of her over here. Is she whitebread? Here they channel over the rap and dare I use the term R&B.
Is it milly vanilly?
Almost no one over here sings live without some kind of double track etc...
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

I have djwayne on ignore and probably will until at least Armageddon, so I don't really know the precise wording of his post.

I would like to say that I am also from Cleveland and that - rather than sit through an entire DVD of this tuneless tramp - I would happily gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon, replace them with ant covered lemon wedges and then stick the eyeballs into my ears, to stop the noise

Carry on.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

No I have NOT met Ashlee. I have seen her in concert though.

It's amazing to me to see how some of you want to pick on her. Even Musicain's Friend e-zine bashed her, I guess I won't be buying anything from them.

dfegad Musician's FRIEND ?? Ya right.

You know, you guys act if you and your bands never messed up, well I have a hard time believing that, as I think you're messing up right now by bashing her. Maybe you're just jealous her first cd sold 3 million copies. Maybe you're mad that your wonderfully fabulous, hip cd didn't sell that many.

Oh well, that's the music business.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry Bunnerab, I'm not from Cleveland. I'm from Northeast Ohio, and know Cleveland, but avoid it like the plague.
Old 21st October 2005
Deleted bd1be4f
Wow, you mean you weren't being sarcastic? Yikes.

Ashlee Simpson---testing the limits of Autotune and Photoshop.
Old 21st October 2005
Quote:
You know, you guys act if you and your bands never messed up, well I have a hard time believing that, as I think you're messing up right now by bashing her. Maybe you're just jealous her first cd sold 3 million copies. Maybe you're mad that your wonderfully fabulous, hip cd didn't sell that many.
beeing quite neutral (because I'm from switzerland) I have to admit that misses Simpsons is running down and up our radiostation..

and do you know what?

I visited her website.. cool.. you can get your favourite simpson ringtone on your handy.. ok, metallica does this too..

then you can watch her wonderful video boyfriend.. sitting in a car and dont know.. ok meshuggah did that too.. but a littlebit on the cooler site

now about lyrics:

Quote:
Ha, Ha, Ha,
Ha, Ha, Ha,

Whatcha been doin'? Whatcha been doin?
Whoa, Whoa,
Haven't seen ya 'round,

How you been feelin'? How you been feelin'?
Whoa, whoa,
Don't you bring me down,

[Album version:] All that **** about me,
[Radio version:] All that stuff about me,
Being with him,
Can't believe,
All the lies that you told,
Just to ease your own soul,
But I'm bigger than that,
No, you don't have my back,
No, No, HA

Well I'm sorry,
That he called me,
And that I answered the telephone,
Don't be worried,
I'm not with him,
And when I go out tonight,
I'm going home alone,
Just got back from my tour,
I'm a mess girl for sure,
All I want is some fun,
Guess that I'd better run,
Hollywood sucks you in,
But it won't spit me out,
Whoa Whoa, HA

[Chorus]

Hey, how long till the music drowns you out?
Don't put words up in my mouth,
I didn't steal your boyfriend,
Hey, how long till you face what's going on?
Cause you really got it wrong,
Hey, how long till you look at your own life,
Instead of looking into mine,
Hey, how long till you're leaving me alone,
Don't you got somewhere to go?

Whoa, whoa, whoa ha
Whoa, whoa, whoa ha

Please stop telling all your friends,
I'm getting sick of them,
Always staring at me like I took him from ya'
why has she nothing to say`? this is music for 15 year old...

where is the expression? where is the passion? why do I have the feeling the marketing industrie took you in??

music is a matter of taste.. this is just a girl beeing "manufactured" by geffen-records..
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Well although it's true a lot of production work goes into her music, isn't that what professionals are supposed to do ?? Show the artist in the best possible light, or would you prefer the artists you work with play at the Do Drop Inn for twenty years before you promote them ?????

Ashlee and her record company put out a really nice package for the fans. A lot nicer than some of the garbage out there.

How many of you put out a cd and dvd package for the same price as a standard cd ????? Well guess what bucko's, that's what she's doing. heh
Old 21st October 2005
Deleted bd1be4f
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne
Well although it's true a lot of production work goes into her music, isn't that what professionals are supposed to do ?? Show the artist in the best possible light, or would you prefer the artists you work with play at the Do Drop Inn for twenty years before you promote them ?????
Personally, I'd prefer that my artists actually be artists, not just studio and media creations. Without her Svengali, aka John Shanks, she'd be nothing. True artists are enhanced by producers, but in the end don't need them. They can still stand on their own.

I imagine Ashlee's plea to her father after sister Jessica became successful:

(In Veruca Salt voice): Daddee, I want to be a famous singer too. I want it now!

Quote:
Ashlee and her record company put out a really nice package for the fans. A lot nicer than some of the garbage out there.

How many of you put out a cd and dvd package for the same price as a standard cd ????? Well guess what bucko's, that's what she's doing. heh
Actually, most acts these days are bundling a promo DVD with their CD.

Yes, as a product it's nice.

But let us make no mistake, that's all Ashlee Simpson is---product. She is not an artist, and the only artistry going on there is by John Shanks. He plays most of the instruments, crafts the arrangements, writes the songs, tells her how to sing them, and then corrects the pitch later. She's just the karaoke singer.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Ashlee's presence makes it work, without Ashlee they'd have nothing. They'd have to find somebody else, why aren't they, you ask ?? Because Ashlee has the drawing power, magnetism...the fans love her. They relate to her. The fans make the decision to support Ashlee. She's a sweet kid, yet you guys want to bash her...tsk tsk....
Old 21st October 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ashlee's presence makes it work, without Ashlee they'd have nothing. They'd have to find somebody else, why aren't they, you ask ?? Because Ashlee has the drawing power, magnetism...the fans love her. They relate to her. The fans make the decision to support Ashlee. She's a sweet kid, yet you guys want to bash her...tsk tsk....
And THAT, ladies and gents, is the problem with the MUSIC industry today.
Old 21st October 2005
... and no one will remember her if she leave the stages of showbiz for more than 1 year..
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola
... and no one will remember her if she leave the stages of showbiz for more than 1 year..

As with any artist, why should she not perform when she's selling out concerts one after the next. Are we supposed to boycott Ashlee to go see some other washed up has been ?? Maybe some those old disco queens from the 80's ?? eeeek

Ashlee is what's happening NOW.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

lol... Wayne man you are way to in love with this girl =)

She is just another product taking up space on the shelves that got a break right from the start, where as many brilliant artists will never get to see a moment of "success" (I use that term loosely) because they are not a visual, marketable product like her or her sister.

Songwriting and Music are best left to people with something to say for themsleves.

(Memories of hearing Jessica Singing "Take my Breath Away"... and my dog howling in pain)

Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola

Agreed!

In the end the real artists will be remembered anyways thumbsup
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

No, I'm not way too in love with her, I just like her and some of her music, and her videos are really cool. A nice break from Britany and Madonna videos, and much cooler than watching some pimp from the hood, flashing the cash.
Old 21st October 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
As with any artist, why should she not perform when she's selling out concerts one after the next. Are we supposed to boycott Ashlee to go see some other washed up has been ?? Maybe some those old disco queens from the 80's ?? eeeek

Ashlee is what's happening NOW.
Yep, and Bacardi Silver (a sugar filled candy flavored alcoholic beverage, for those who don't know) is flying off the shelves as well. Probably being masively consumed in the parking lots of Ashlee's concerts.
Old 21st October 2005
Gear Nut

I can't believe this post is even happening... although very entertaining in a AccessHollywood sort of way.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon -10
I can't believe this post is even happening... although very entertaining in a AccessHollywood sort of way.
lol =) As a contributor to this garbage... Agreed.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

damn, he is serious.
Old 21st October 2005
Lives for gear

If you'd prefer to watch those disco queens from the '80's & '90's, go ahead.

As the song goes, "You can have her I don't want her, she's too fat for me, she's too fat for me, she's too fat for me."

I'll stick with watching Ashlee.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search