The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
nuendo 2 is out
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

nuendo 2 is out

looks like a killer! esp. surround capabilities and full plugin delay compensation. But the price is kinda heavy.

Old 28th May 2003
That's some good news!!!!!!
Nuendo is (until now) the only application that in a very short period of time trying it, made me think about leaving PT LE and going in some other direction...
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

No doubt Nuendo 2 will be great...

Have you looked at Samplitude (or even better Sequoia)? It is a pretty stunning piece of software as well.

--Ben
Old 28th May 2003
I work w/ a mac... so this let's sequoia and samplitude ou of my... "range"
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

Sonically I prefer Samplitude over Nuendo (V1, I don't have V2 yet).

There are some concerns over V2. The Nuendo forum has quite a few unhappy folk over crashes and the like. These things often happen with new software, but I'll wait a few months and a few patches before I buy my upgrade.
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Head

At Tapeop Conference,

there was a demonstration of Nuendo by Primal Gear. Very very intuitive. I've just bought a DP4 myself and envied at how easy it is to use Nuendo compared to a DP4.
Looks like my next software purchase!

Moko
Old 4th June 2003
Gear Addict

What is the the approximate price on this? Kinda curious...
Old 5th June 2003
List around 1.2K I guess...
but I've seen at $900 street...
and yes... it is much more intuitive than DP 3... at least to PT users
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

It also appears to run like a drunken, quadraplegic pig for many Mac users right now. I'd say the ratio of worky/no worky on the Mac for N2 is about 50/50 over on the Nuendo forum. Yikes!

From the looks of the forum, I'd say Nuendo 2 is gunning for the "Buggiest release of a Major Product" award right now. A few glitches are expected in so ambitious an effort, but this looks like a mess. Probably 20+ repeatable bugs collected aleady on the forum. In reality, it's a public beta release, and I don't think that's being unfair. On the upside, quite a civil group over there, given the situation.

Debugged, it looks to be amazing. The big question is when that will be reality.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

From someone who used to use Stienberg stuff.
Never ever go release zero of anything it is pure marketing hype.. They put all the new features in and basically release a beta so its out first before logic etc etc...
Release .1 follows very soon after normally a week or so.
then .2 which is what release zero should be....
Then .3 comes out with bug fixes from the previous .0 release that they deemed not as important as new Marketing features in the zero release.
Then more fixes.. Then the stuff you need is bundled into the next zero release and it all starts again..

Got off the steinberg merry go round a while ago.

Honestly release zero of most apps have problems..
Why on earth do people want to go straight away. Although if no one went them we would not get the bugs fixed.. ..

Then you get the studios panicing on the web forums as they have a paying customer in the next day and the system is stuffed.

Ok I have upgraded myself a couple of times and been burnt baby burnt
Old 17th June 2003
Gear Addict

I've been a Steinberg user for about 12 years now (various products) and they have always been in the forefront of computer based recording technology. The new features in Nuendo 2.0 kills the competition and combined with Mackies UAD-1 and TC Electronics Powercore you have a very powerful system indeed.

But I agree with Davemc that while Steinberg is cutting edge in music software it sometimes comes at a cost of them releasing a little premature software.

Anyway, they usually release an update pretty quickly.

Regards,
Magnus
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear

Wow. There are at least 30 seperate bugs discussed in their own individual threads in just the first 3 pages of nuendo.com now.

No doubt, this sets a record. The stuff of legend. One question. Where were the beta testers? Or maybe I should say, where was the beta tester?

Regards,
Brian T
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear

I had a couple of quite heated exchanges with steinberg staff before I went PT. This was the question I raised to them a few years ago. Who beta tests if anyone.
I still stand by the claim they put the product out on a marketing time table.. I know Digi has been blamed holding back releases past there release date but I never see this many bugs...

Funny thing is back then I was told by steinberg guys well it was my fault using a PC, PC's are never going to be used for audio software go Mac.. Soon after Steinberg went really pro PC...
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear

1.61 works without any "big" problems. I'd expect version 2.5 or so will be nice too, until that it is better to stay with v1. But once it works, it will be wonderful.
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by matucha
But once it works, it will be wonderful.
And just to be clear, I agree with you on that. The feature list is excellent.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 21st June 2003
Lives for gear

Re: nuendo 2 is out

Quote:
Originally posted by matucha
looks like a killer! <<snip>> full plugin delay compensation.
How about plug-outs? Do they do delay compensation for the DA-AD cycle of a hardware insert, too? I'm eager to see if manufacurers will incorporate hardware insertion into delay compensation... Rooting hard for this feature in PT.

-dave

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search