The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nice alternatives to URS Console Strip Pro (for old trackboards etc.)
Old 31st January 2010
Gear Head

Nice alternatives to URS Console Strip Pro (for old trackboards etc.)

Hello!.. I'm looking for alternatives to URS Console Strip Pro (ive heard some say its not all what it's hyped up to be, plus it has many bugs when used with ableton?). basically I want to run my sound through emulations of old analog hardware to give it that warmth. like the trackboards / mixing consoles used for great 70s records within jazz / soul / funk / reggae genres. Like I hear a lotta talk about Neve trackboards? I tried the URS CSP demo ( at "Mix bus: tape 15ips" on the master channel) and im not too sure about the result. Is there anything better out there? what about Abbey Roads?

alright after reading thoroughly through this forum as well as others - there i no doubt in my mind that the URS Console Strip Pro is the best thing out there for my type of sound.

thank you.
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

The URS CSP is a VERY good Channel Strip EQ. However, if you're looking to dirty up, or grunge, or saturate audio... you're barking up the wrong tree. Go get the beta of Soundtoys' Decapitator. Also demo URS' saturation.
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwully View Post
Hello!.. I'm looking for alternatives to URS Console Strip Pro (ive heard some say its not all what it's hyped up to be
Where the heck did you hear that?

I think URS Console Strip Pro is as good as anything out there (including the UAD and Waves "vintage" stuff).
Old 31st January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael View Post
Go get the beta of Soundtoys' Decapitator.
yeah im getting really impatient about this one! will it emulate these old trackboards too? like is it any good on master channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blim View Post
Where the heck did you hear that?

I think URS Console Strip Pro is as good as anything out there (including the UAD and Waves "vintage" stuff).
well ive been reading a lot of stuff on various forums including this one, asking producers here and there.. might all be a lie ofcourse, i dont know, i was hoping y'all could help me set things straight tho
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Redline Preamp can do a wide range of convincing vintage analogue console emulations.
Old 1st February 2010
one man, ONE mic pre
if old analogue hardware made audio 'warm' it was broken, and we fixed it
Old 1st February 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwully View Post
Hello!.. I'm looking for alternatives to URS Console Strip Pro (ive heard some say its not all what it's hyped up to be, plus it has many bugs when used with ableton?). basically I want to run my sound through emulations of old analog hardware to give it that warmth. like the trackboards / mixing consoles used for great 70s records within jazz / soul / funk / reggae genres. Like I hear a lotta talk about Neve trackboards? I tried the URS CSP demo ( at "Mix bus: tape 15ips" on the master channel) and im not too sure about the result. Is there anything better out there? what about Abbey Roads?

alright after reading thoroughly through this forum as well as others - there i no doubt in my mind that the URS Console Strip Pro is the best thing out there for my type of sound.

thank you.
okay after reading tons of articles here and on other forums its pretty obvious that there's nothing even remotely close to URS CSP for the kinda sound im trying to achieve..

thanks again everyone

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search