The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who Makes The Best Business Cards?
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Who Makes The Best Business Cards?

what are your thoughts? i see other peoples that i like all of the time but mine never hold up. they just seem to fall apart in my wallet! i'm embarrassed to give out mine in the condition they are in sometimes! heh

any suggestions for a nice high quality card maker?
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Honestly, Vistaprint has some pretty decent deals. I have done a couple sets of cards for myself and a brass quintet I had. You can work from tons of templates or import your own design. Maybe not as flexible as working with a custom designer and/or printer, but for the price, they make a pretty decent card. They are really fast too. 3-4 days to get your cards.

Howie J
Old 29th January 2010
Gear Maniac

gotprint.com

I use them. Awesome quality, and really inexpensive.

Highly recommended.
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

really? i've used vista print and was not impressed with the quality although i do agree they have some decent deals. i'd rather pay more money and have a card that actually holds up.
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
really? i've used vista print and was not impressed with the quality although i do agree they have some decent deals. i'd rather pay more money and have a card that actually holds up.
-1 for Vista print.
Really poor quality.
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Why not just invest in a NICE card holder? When I sold houses I carried one, not only did it look nice, but it also kept the cards perfect.
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

+1 for Vistaprint.
Have been using them for many years now for several services like stamps, business cards, stickers, baseball caps, postcards, T-shirts etc.
Great prices and offers. Love them!

Remember YOU ARE THE CREATOR so bad results are yours to blame..
Old 29th January 2010
Some of you guys almost had me talked into VistaPrint so I did a little more Googling (you have to fight your way past VP's own links) and found these less than charitable consumer critiques:

Consumer complaints about VistaPrint.com

Most of the complaints were for unwanted credit card charges but some were simply talking about shoddy work.

And I so liked the idea of free pens. heh

Actually, I was only Googling to see if I could figure out what the shipping and "processing" charges would be for cards or pens. Maybe VP ought to make that info a little easier to get at without putting in an actual order and they'd keep people from seeing some of the rather serious complaints (including for criminal behavior like fraud) about them
Old 29th January 2010
Lives for gear

Medium Weight Matte for biz card works best
123Print: Business Cards $3.95
Old 29th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Forget Vistsaprint!

Use these guys.Plastic Business Cards, Plastic Cards, Business Cards, Silkcards, Postcards, Flyers, Letterhead, Envelopes, Stationary, Magnets and more at 4colorprint.com

Get the Silk Cards.They are waterproof and almost tear proof.They have different thickenses to.They have a thin plastic like coating on them,they actually feel like silk, and you can get them in full color on both sides and many other options,like embossing,or rounding the corner(i did this one,looks sharp).I use the thicker ones.These will not fall apart like other cards.
Old 26th May 2011
Gear Head

Best Business Cards

My other obsession other than GEAR is my printing business, Cutting Edge Designs. We have the best cards in the world
We definitely kill vista****.
And we have tons of specialty options
Full Color Business Cards
Spot UV Business Cards
Foil Business Cards
Embossed Business Cards
Plastic Business Cards
Metal Business Cards
3D Business Cards
Old 26th May 2011
Lives for gear

I've had good results with Home | 4by6.com
Old 26th May 2011
Old 26th May 2011
Lives for gear

I love moo too.

However, I recently started just printing off the computer and laminating them and they're fine.

The majority of people you give your business card to just keep it in their wallet until they next have a sort out, and then bin it because they've forgotten who you are.
Old 8th July 2011
Here for the gear

I design my own cards in Paintshop Pro per the specs with bleed etc and then I use this guy on ebay ( Kustomprintz ) his name is Jon
and he has always done good work for me and got my stuff back fast. I am able to outsource my stuff to him and let him do it and sell it at a profit on some of my websites because he is so much cheaper than local shops in my area. he does 16 pound weight ( heaviest U can get and ful color gloss on both sides by default ) Just have good high res stuff to send him.

Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear
www.vistaprint.com

Dude, there's no extra charges. At least i've never ever had one.
Old 12th July 2011
Gear Nut

IMO, vistaprint is okay. Sure, they offer free business card printing, but when I ordered some from them, they looked very cheap. Which really is to be expected. Once you start adding features that will make them look somewhat representable, they're rates go through the roof.

I've used GotPrint.net for 3 or 4 orders, and they are very quick, reasonably priced, and look very professional, which is exactly what I want when promoting a professional studio. You'd be surprised how much a business card says about someone.
Old 15th January 2018
Here for the gear

Not a huge fan of vista. Always upselling me on every single click, who after getting what I want which is respectable doubles sided cards on a nice thickness not flimsy but not extra thick and then after shipping which takes 10 days it's the same price if not more as my local print guy who has amazing service very courteous gets me exactly what I want with a guarantee and within a weeks time for most things. I'm a realtor and need this kind of service I don't have time to BS online. And I prefer supporting local, American businesses (Vp is dutch.) If anyone's in or around Houston TX I can recommend them. Super friendly and quite affordable.

Side note Moo is a rip off. He can pretty much beat everything there - and minus the shipping! At least that's what he told me I usually stick to the basic stuff.
Old 16th January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie J View Post
Honestly, Vistaprint has some pretty decent deals. I have done a couple sets of cards for myself and a brass quintet I had. You can work from tons of templates or import your own design. Maybe not as flexible as working with a custom designer and/or printer, but for the price, they make a pretty decent card. They are really fast too. 3-4 days to get your cards.
This is what I use - I always choose the high quality paper and gloss finish.

Easy to design yourself on the website.

The way I do it is to choose a blank design, import a background picture, add any other pictures and text and - print. I find it's easier to design this way than to design in another program and import.

I use them for flyers as well. I have also had mouse mats done and Polo Shirts.

A 1-off polo shirt is very affordable and very useful if you are recording on site.

Highly recommended and I use them a lot.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search