The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dead Nord Lead 3
Old 24th June 2018
Here for the gear

Hi there,
I am experiencing a very similar problem with my Nord Rack 2. After some time it keeps rebooting.
I opened the device, the PSU looks different than in the NL3. However, I noticed the regulator V1 gets quite warm (it sits on a larger heatsink). I believe that the unit took longer until it kept restarting when it was cooler in winter.
Maybe the problem in my case is an overheating regulator?
Do you think it might help to solder in a capacitor. If yes, where does it have to go?

Nord Rack 2 PSU - Album on Imgur

Cheers

Last edited by Jojosito; 24th June 2018 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Add Image
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

This seems a common problem in older nords. And they know about it but won’t admit or fix it. Shame on Clavia. I have a dead electro 2
Old 10th July 2018
Here for the gear

Hi there !

I had the same trouble with my Nord Lead 3 ! I did the soldering with an 16v 2200μF +105C° capacitor on the 3v component. Like here :

Gearslutz.com - View Single Post - Dead Nord Lead 3

It didn't work. I didn't know what to do... I was ****ing annoyed. I just bought this Synth in second hand like 2 days before it stopped to work.

Anyway. I looked up about an other trouble. And in fact there is two reason for the Nord Lead 3 to be out of service.

1 - the capacitor.
2 - the Fuse.

So I played with the fuse until I heard a contact failure in the NL3. I saw my synth rebooting and work.

So I tight the tabs that hold the fuse. Put it back. And MAGICAL !!!!!! That worked!

It has been over a week now, I left it on for several hours and I pressed hard on the keyboard. Result: No restart, no break. The Clavia is repaired!

Finally the solution was: The capacitor + The fuse.

Last edited by Daniel O Clock; 10th July 2018 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Dead Link
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear
Hi

My Nord 3 rarely rebooted.
The problem I have is with the voices in polyphony. Some time ago every time I played a fourth note, the sound was completely crazy and different. That suddenly disappeared. I don’t know why.
Now I discovered a new problem: every time I play a 4th note, it plays 2 octaves lower. I’ve tried everything: changing midi cables, daw, reinstalling os, everything.
Is this a symptom of the same kind of problem you have?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I’ve been having the rebooting problem with my Nord Rack 3 and tried to fix it by using the capacitor mod but it didn’t work for me. I then replaced the polymer capacitors in the power supply and that also did nothing. What did work was cleaning the 3 ribbon cables first with Deoxit, letting them dry and then cleaning them again with isopropyl alcohol. My Nord Rack 3 is back to life!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search