The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone heard the new apogee 8 channel yet ?
Old 24th September 2003
Max
Lives for gear

Re: another question to max

Quote:
Originally posted by cebolao
the big ben is a masterclock for the whole studio. cool. so i have to choose the desired samplerate on it's front panel, right? sometimes i have to switch it quite often, between 48 and 44.1 kHz for example loading one session after another again and again.

the problem is that all my interfaces, and big ben (one day...) are in the machine room. so either i have to run there and back again and again , or... contol big ben remotely?

is it possible? did you think about it? maybe the firewire port would help? a simple program for mac/xp only for switching the samplerate...
If Big Ben is the master clock in your studio, you would have to contol the sample rate changes from the front panel. If Big Ben is slaved to another clock source, it will sense the correct sample rate.

Because of Big Ben's adaptive loop filtering technology, it can be the slave and still bring up the clock performance to Big Ben specs, allowing you to get the benefits of Big Ben as if it were the master. with Big Ben, master and slave is basically the same performance. So if you had a clocking device such as a Sync I/O or USD with Pro Tools for example, you could use these as the master clock source, giving you the remote control you seek. Big Ben will follow the sample rate changes and reclock the system, giving you the best of both worlds.
Old 25th September 2003
Lives for gear

Old 25th September 2003
Gear Nut

Hi Max,

Can you say something about the AD converter quality of the mini me? Some people say it's definitely better than the old Rosettas!
Old 25th September 2003
Max
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by shapemod
Hi Max,

Can you say something about the AD converter quality of the mini me? Some people say it's definitely better than the old Rosettas!
On paper, the Rosetta AD specs out better than the Mini-Me. That being said, we have had users tell us they prefer the Mini-Me over their Rosetta AD, and some prefer the Rosetta, so I think it is a bit subjective at this point.

In my opinion the comparisons are so close that if I was in the market for a converter and a mic pre/ compressor, I would choose the Mini-Me. If I just needed a two channel AD converter for my studio, I would choose the Rosetta AD.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear