The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Duet=bliss
Old 14th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Duet=bliss

Finally added the duet to my setup which is an upgrade from the Mackie Onyx for me. AMAZING. Even in a far less than ideal room I was able to clearly hear the difference from the mackie. Plugging a bass direct into it absolutely smoked the onyx DI. Then I plugged in a sm57 and I have now fallen back in love with the sm57. Obviously not a scientific test but for what its worth I much prefered the sound of the 57 and apogee pre over the c414 and the onyx pre. Of course that was with one particular vocalist, like I said not scientific, but interesting. What has also blown me away is how much I can now hear the effects of the most minor eq tweaks. IN the past I wondered sometimes if the eq plugs were even working. Not anymore. IMHO the improvements are well worth the price and then some
Old 15th January 2010
Lives for gear

yeah man its a great bit of kit. just wish it had adat!
Old 15th January 2010
Gear Maniac

snap. if it had adat... oh man

i love mine

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search