The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
From Pro Tools LE to Studio One/Logic DAW Software
Old 13th January 2010
Gear Maniac

From Pro Tools LE to Studio One/Logic

I toiled over this decision forever. I have used ProTools LE for sometime, with an original MBox, but I needed more inputs. My decisions, with the budget I had, was either going M-powered or going another route.

I have to say that Avid Support made my decision to go with Presonus Firestudio and Studio One quite easy.

I sold the Mbox to make the money to reinvest, and it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE to get the ownership transferred. I almost lost the sale because of it.

Studio One has been a joy to work with, and the Firestudio has given plenty of great sound for me to work with. I almost fell for some of the gear-snobbery that was leading me away from Presonus, but after pulling together a few test tracks, I have to say that anybody who cannot get good sound out of Presonus gear needs to brush up on some engineering.

I am going to add Logic Express to the mix, merely because I have a few members in my band who are not as experienced, and I am likely going to need the Flex Time tool to brush up some off beat material. Logic is a great tool anyway, so I will enjoy having it.

I am just posting this in hopes it may help somebody else out there who is facing similar decisions.

If you are questioning it.....don't hesitate to use Firestudio or Studio One; they are great products!!

And Presonus support has walked me through any issues I have had within no time at all.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search