The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
From Pro Tools LE to Studio One/Logic
Old 13th January 2010
Gear Maniac

From Pro Tools LE to Studio One/Logic

I toiled over this decision forever. I have used ProTools LE for sometime, with an original MBox, but I needed more inputs. My decisions, with the budget I had, was either going M-powered or going another route.

I have to say that Avid Support made my decision to go with Presonus Firestudio and Studio One quite easy.

I sold the Mbox to make the money to reinvest, and it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE to get the ownership transferred. I almost lost the sale because of it.

Studio One has been a joy to work with, and the Firestudio has given plenty of great sound for me to work with. I almost fell for some of the gear-snobbery that was leading me away from Presonus, but after pulling together a few test tracks, I have to say that anybody who cannot get good sound out of Presonus gear needs to brush up on some engineering.

I am going to add Logic Express to the mix, merely because I have a few members in my band who are not as experienced, and I am likely going to need the Flex Time tool to brush up some off beat material. Logic is a great tool anyway, so I will enjoy having it.

I am just posting this in hopes it may help somebody else out there who is facing similar decisions.

If you are questioning it.....don't hesitate to use Firestudio or Studio One; they are great products!!

And Presonus support has walked me through any issues I have had within no time at all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search