The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fascinating ... anybody else read this ?
Old 24th May 2003
Gear Maniac

Fascinating ... anybody else read this ?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/te...5-19-hss_x.htm
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Yeah, NY Times (i think) ran a big article on this guy back in December or January.

You just KNOW that the first practical application will be to bombard us with commercial advertisements as we walk or drive through key intersections...
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Amazing.
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Where can I buy stock?!
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
You just KNOW that the first practical application will be to bombard us with commercial advertisements as we walk or drive through key intersections...
Just thnk how freaky it would be to be able to do multi language translation in one room without any headsets? Or how freaky this could make a haunted house setup? Although you are probablly right, advertisers will most likely find a use first..
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith
Just thnk how freaky it would be to be able to do multi language translation in one room without any headsets? Or how freaky this could make a haunted house setup? Although you are probablly right, advertisers will most likely find a use first..
Just think what it could do for feedback control in a live situation.
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

or for removing monitor spill from stages?
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

I want to try them as studio monitors (for tracking/o'dubbing) - just think, no more headphones!

Scott
Old 25th May 2003
Gear Guru

Some cool visionary ideas for this technology. But we all know what They want to do with it.

The first time I am walking down the street and I get an ad "beamed" at me, I will get a gun and shoot out the speakers. The second time I get an ad beamed at me, I will go after the executives of the company doing the advertising. No jury in the country will convict me.

I am going crazy from all this advertising. The endless commercials on TV and now in the movie theaters, the spam in my mailbox. You can't even ride in a cab or elevator in NYC without being blasted with ads. The last 3 or 4 movies I saw had jarring Product Placements in them that totally took me out of the moment, actually spoiling the experience.

hmmm... the Advertising Rage Defense

Old 25th May 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Undoughtedly Madison Ave is licking it's chops at the endless possibilities .... and tempting though it may be, I tend to dought they would risk the prospect of countless lawsuits from startled drivers / pedestrians going WTF was that ... and subsequently getting into an accident.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search