The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Broke Monitor??? HS 80M Studio Monitors
Old 5th January 2010
Gear Addict

Broke Monitor??? HS 80M

OK!!

I bought a pair of used HS80M's of of ebay about two months ago. I just started noticing a sound coming out of my left speaker. It seemed to sound like a big puff of air or a crazy low distorted sound.

I pressed down on the cone and it felt like it was hitting something. I then took the back off the speakers and looked and everything seemed fine so I put it back together and hooked it back up.

When i turned it on i was hearing a suttle high pitch tone from the tweeter and the speaker cone actually had a very suttle vibration to it when the volume was turned up.

I checked the other speaker and it did not have the high tone or the vibration. I then switched cords to see if the power cord/outlet or the other cord was causing the sound or vibration and it still had the tone. I decided to play a track again and somehow that first sound stopped. (could the cone have been hitting the cord behind it? and what could cause the high pitch and vibration that is on the left speaker when the volume is all the way up with no music playing?)

Last edited by CityDump Records; 5th January 2010 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: Typo
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search